ship to party is differnt

former_member209864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sd experst

plz let me know may be this is very basic question but i want ur help me

in some business process we may have differnt ship to party and ship to party

once created customer master ( xd01) we can get Sold to party no

so while creating sales order we can mainatin this no like 1000000( chennai) but same like this if i want to maintain ship to party no diiferntly like 4000000( Hyderabad)

how to create ship to party no rs and from where it will come ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amith,

Yes you can do this by the setting of Customer account group.You can find the Menu path from Finance & Accounting >> Account Receivable & Payable >>> Preparation for Master data (OBD2), as I am not in the SAP screen so unable to give you the proper SPRO menu path.

Here you have to set up the Ship to party account group just like Sold to you can also assign the different number range for the same.

After the set up you can create the ship to from VD01 instead of XD01.

As I am assuming there will be no need for Comp code data for the Ship to as no accounting will happen for the Ship to in general.

If you have any doubt do let me know.

Thanks,

Suman$

former_member209864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Thanks a lot

now look at this

after creating customer how we know this is sold to party no ( 1000000) and 400000 ( ship to party no )

it means once created customer in xd01 with sold to party again in xd01 with ship to party we have to create customer right ?

creating no ranges for customer XN01 So it will for both

i am confused you are telling OBD2

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

OBD2 is the controlling of Customer Account group.

If you do not set up an account group you can not create the customer in XD01,VD01 & FD01.

There you have to select the account group.Correct ?

Now coming to next query for the Ship to party there is no need to create it from XD01 as it will ask you the comp code for that you have to provide the Recon A/C which is basically for AR accounting.

So it is advisable to create a ship to party from VD01.

As I told you if you want to quickly identify the Ship to for that you can assign the different no range to the Ship to account group what you are setting in OBD2.

Now there may be a scenario that a Sold to can be acted as Ship to for that both the number range belong from the Sold to account group.

I thing now it is clear to you.

Thanks,

Suman$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OBD2 will have Customer account groups configuration

In order to differentiate the customers between SOLD TO, SHIP TO, BILL TO & PAYER , we have a functionality called ACCOUNT GROUPS

These account groups differentiate in terms of screens , Functionality

For example, Sold to party will have all the views of sales, shipping, billing and Partner Function which will not be available in Ship to. These screens vies and Fields within each views are controlled in OBD2

Now when you are creating the customer, in the Initial screen you will have to selection under which account group you are going to create the customer , either SOLD TO (0001) or SHIP TO (0003)

and respective account group will be assigned to Number range in XDN1

When you use XD01, you have to select sold to account group (0001 as per standard) and save it

and similarly Ship to (0003 account group) and save. you can create as many Ship to as per your business requirement and assign it in the customer Sold to

Now when you are creating sales order, if system finds more than one ship to, a pop-up prompting to choose the ship to party appears and choose it

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

former_member209864
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear

but in sales order creation , in VA01-- If we give another ship to party no also which not assigned system will take right ?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While creating and saving a Sold To,  system will, by default, create the same number range for Ship To, Bill To & Payer which you can see in change mode of that Sold To.  If you want to have a different Ship To for this Sold To, as already suggested, you need to create Ship To via XD01 or VD01 and save that during which, system will give you a Ship To number.  Go to XD02, input the Sold To customer code and execute.  Go to Partner function tab and assign this Ship To in that customer master.  Now, you have two Ship Tos in Sold To customer master.  By doing so, whenever you create a sale order, system will prompt to select either of the Ship To. 

Coming to your query,

If we give another ship to party no also which not assigned system will take right ?

yes you can very well assign a different Ship To which is not there in Sold To when creating a sale order.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amith,

Any ship to party customer can be used in a sales order, provided it is created for the sales area of the sales order.

Business reason is suppose a delivery address (ship to) is not assigned to the sold to; but still company wants to deliver the goods to that place, it should be possible (for business to do its job i.e. selling)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amith,

Already explained by members.

Any master data user wants to use in SAP (for creation of sales order etc.) has to be first created.

So if you want a ship to, then it has to be created (in XD01)

But how does the system know that you want to create a ship to and not sold to, because for creating both the transaction code is the same!

Therefore we have things like customer account groups for customer creation, material types for material creation.