cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predicting Data Trends over time gone in 1.15?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one of the earlier releases of Lumira I used the limited but handy feature of being able to apply a couple of basic prediction algorithms over time based data. I've just been using 1.15 and noticed this feature appeared to be gone. Upon further investigation, it looks like it's gone from the user guide as well (chapter 7.1.4 in all user guides from 1.14 and earlier, but nowhere in 1.15 that I can see). It doesn't appear in the What's New guide for 1.15 though.

Does anyone know the reasoning behind its removal? Apologies if it's still there somewhere and I can't find it...

Thanks,

Glenn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'm using build 877 of SP15, and I can see it in Lumira's visualise room.

As i remember (and have just retested) you have to build a time-hierarchy first, then use it in your chart,   then right-click on the measure, predictive > forecast  (see screenshot)

Does that not appear in the vanilla "Lumira" desktop anymore ?  (i am actually using PA myself, but the component you describe doesn't use the PA runtime)

regards,

H

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Henry - thank you, you are right!

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

phew!   you guys got me worried there for a moment!

but as Tammy said, the "good stuff" (i.e. the much more powerful predictive capabilities)  will definitely find themselves ported into Predictive Analysis   . Especially since we now have a new offering Infinite Insight to fit into our roadmap.

You might like to read more here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks - it's moved to a different spot with all the HTML 5 stuff. Wonder why it's been taken out of the user manual though?

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

good point, i've taken this up with the documentation team .

thanks & regards,

H

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right - I noticed it is gone too.

My take (I do not work for SAP): SAP wants you to look to Predictive Analysis for that functionality.