cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XD99 -Import Data from File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have used XD99 (without using external files) in the past. Now I need to send a template to the user who will populate it and I shall upload. So need to use the "Import Data from File" function.

However I have no idea on what to put on the Excel file. I put the field names and values like below but it said:

Assign all key fields of table KNVP to a column in spreadsheet SHEET1

Message no. MASS_SPSH050

KUNNRZR1039
VKORG2000
VTWEG20
SPART10
PARVWZA
PARZA0
KUNN21123588
DEFPAX

Here the first 6 fields are the selection criteria and the last two fields (KUNN2 and DEFPA) should update. Basically updating a new vendor/partner to VD02. If someone could let me know how to format the excel file or just give me a simple template, it would be great. I couldn't find similar help anywhere yet and I am just not able to understand what is to be put on the excel file so the system accepts it.

Thanks,

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

In the Import file, just enter the

customer numbers,

Sales organization,

Distribution channel ,

Division,

Partner Function,

Partner counter

and in XD99 at Table level KNVP select the two fields which you want to update from Fields

and import the file

now execute, system will prompt to change/modify the two fields

after enter the data, click on CARRY OUT MASS CHANGE icon and save

Data will be modified

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vemuri,

Thanks. I figured I had to put the fields in a rows (not columns as earlier) as below:

KUNNRVKORGVTWEGSPARTPARVWPARZA
ZR103920002010ZA0
ZR104020002010ZA0

However, now the system says :  No data meet the selection criteria

Message no. M&107

If I do these individually on the "Data Records to be Created" tab then it works. No ZA partner exists for any of the KUNNR, so its a new creation. If I try "Data Records to be Changed" tab, then it says - No data meet the selection criteria.

I am not sure how to tell the system to take the Excel data as "new data". I am guessing its taking it as data to be changed. Please suggest.

Regards,

George

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184701
Active Contributor

as per my understanding in XD99 you need to put Customer numbers and able to use the button "Import from Text File":

there must be only customers numbers. nothing special.

regarding the template for import (to upload into sap) the best tool must be SCAT or SECATT, building your case you will get the excel template you're after;

and another option would be LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.