cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does SAP ME support SAP ERP Variant Configuration scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues, do you know if SAP ME supports Variant Configuration scenarios from ERP?

Do you know where can I find information regarding it?

Thanks,

Wendell Moreira

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues, thanks a lot!

But I have one more question regarding this:

On ERP side (PP), when we have a change in the configuration, PP has a functionality called OCM (Order Change Management), that identify the configuration changes, and make the changes.

How does it work with SAP ME? Do you know?

Many thanks,

Really appreciate,

Wendell Moreira

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When your Production Order changes on ECC side, you just resend it to ME and it should update its records with new information either automatically, or in case SFCs are already released to production ME will put shop order on hold and send a message to responsible person to apply changes manually.

Regards,

Konstantin

0 Kudos

Hi,

The automation of change replication is implemented within a scope of Data Replication Framework (DRF). For detials, see here:

SAPMEINT: SAP ERP Configuration - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library

SAP Note 1555198

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Depending on what is meant by Variant Configuration. By default there are no such thing (oe with similar name) in ME. If you can elaborate  and explain more, maybe you could more specific answer.

Regards,

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In typical variant configuration, Configuratble material will have super  BOM and super Routing and exact routing and BOM for the production order  will be determined based on characteristics chosen using object dependency function.

I think the question is about how would one interface super BOM or super Routing to ME as master data and subsequent production order with production order BOM and routing which is a subset of the super BOM and super routing.  Will the object dependency also gets interfaced as conditional routing so that when the production order is interfaced ME would use right sets of operations which is applicable for the chosen set of characteristics

Regards

V. Divakar

MiguelSanchez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

You don't transfer variant configuration master data (super BOM, super Routing) to ME.

When you transfer a production order to ME, it will contain the corresponding BOM and Routing; ME will create the production order + production order BOM + production order Routing. Where the production order BOM/Routing are a subset of the super BOM/Routing.

Best Regards,

Miguel