Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC4 client setting and Role Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I see in SCC4 the client settings for Development system is set to No Transport allowed and No Customizing or cross client changes allowed.

Still we can create Role transport in PFCG and release the transport in Dev system. Can anyone explain logic how Role transport get created even if client settings are set to no transport allowed in SCC4 for that client.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why would you close a development system??

Anyway, PFCG is controlled by authorizations and not client settings.

It is optional to activate that client settings will be respected and it has some significant side affects if you do it!

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius,

We have different client which is open for Configuration. This particular client is not open for Config and hence we keep it close. I completely understand Role concept and authorizations. So you are saying the only way to control Role transport creation is to restrict the authorization object responsible for creation of transport??

I will say when we go to SPRO Transaction and try to do Customizing change it will prompt saying you are not allowed to create transport because is set to Not Modifiable. Why is this not similar to Role transport creation when the client is set to No transport allowed.

Please provide an SAP Doc reference if you have any.

0 Kudos

Historically only authorizations controlled it. The ability to create / change a customizing transport request has always been controlled by SCC4.

But now you can optionally also add client settings to the control of PFCG itself (will ask for a transport request when you switch to change mode).

See SAP Note 1723881 (seems to be locked at the moment though because of changes - it is quite new this option).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I highlighted "No changes allowed" and hit F1. Got the explanation below. You can still do manual transport. Roles aren't cross-client, so this wouldn't be relevant.

Flag that no changes are allowed

This flag means that changes in the customizing settings of the client are not permitted (client lock).

However, customizing settings can be exported from the client by manual creation of a transport request. A manual transport can be carried out in the particular transaction for settings with the function Transport, which places the selected customizing settings in a transport request.