cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP3 - AppDevelopment (Agentry):

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a question on SMP3 and AppDevelopment (Agentry):

In our SMP 3.0 environment, I want utilise Agentry for the data sync with the Motorola handheld scanner (MC9190-G).

This handheld runs on Windows CE, and I was able to deploy Agentry client v7.0.1 there without any errors. However, I can not launch it at all. Clicking application icon does nothing.

When I installed the same version of Agentry client 7.0.1 for Desktop on Windows 7 machine I had initially the same result: double clicking Agentry Client would do nothing. It would start only if you'll run "As Administrator".

On Motorola I have Admin access by default (I leave AppCenter environment to avoid restrictions), but it's not working.

Please, advise if you have been able to install and start Agentry Client 7.0.1 on any of your handhelds with WinCE 6.0, and if yes - what is the trick ?

Thanks,

Laziz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I was told that Agentry 7.0.1 client for Windows CE is not supported on Windows CE ?? Recommendation was to replace it with Windows Mobile.

Before I'll contact Motorola to request this (as for RF scanner you need OS to be replaced by the vendor), can anyone advise, please, if you got Agentry WinCE client working on Windows CE, please.

Thanks,

Laziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laziz,

According to the Product Availability Matrix (http://service.sap.com/pam), the Agentry Client 7.0 supports only Windows CE 6.5 (and of course Windows Mobile + Windows Phone).

Regards,

Denis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Denis.

Will raise this with SAP Support to verify their position 🙂

Thanks,

Laziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laziz

Did you get any response yet? I have the same issue with Windows CE 6.0 devices.

The OS version mentioned in the PAM (Windows CE 6.5)  is invalid, it does not exist. PAM means Windows Mobile 6.5 which runs on the bof Windows CE 5.2.21234 (see Operating System Version of Windows Mobile Devices).

Thanks

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

Unfortunately, Agentry Client 7.0 will not work on Windows CE 6.0. SAP confirmed that it's not supported by Agentry CE client.

That's why we had to switch to devices with Windows Embedded Handheld (WEH) 6.5, an everything is fine now.

Best regards,

Laziz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laziz

Thanks for your quick answer.

So you had to phase out all existing CE 6.0 devices? That means a heavy Investment in new devices.....

Thanks

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

We retained the same devices, but had to get some help from hardware vendor to change OS from CE 6.0 to WEH 6.5.

Best regards,

Laziz

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Laziz,

Please mark this Discussion with a Correct Answer and Helpful Answer where appropriate.  See http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why   Even if you discovered the solution without any outside contributions, it helps others to understand what the solution turned out to be.  (in other words, you can mark your own post as the solution.  You won't get points, but it will help others when searching for solutions to similar problems)

Thanks, Mike (Moderator)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, done now. Thanks, Mike.

Best regards,

Laziz

Answers (0)