cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Web Dynpro ABAP application be too big???

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

I've got a new Web Dynpro ABAP application that has one view with a tab control.  8 separate tabs and on average 75-100 fields on each tab.

My problem is that if I make too many changes to the tab's screen elements they will not be included on the transport OR just refuse to go when I release the transport.

Transport log says everything went fine but only some of the screen changes actually get sent to the next system.

Any ideas???

We are about to go live with this application shortly and it is becoming a major pain to maintain...

Cheers,

Chad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it can and I have run into the restriction couple of times but even if you do, you should first get warnings when activating, then errors and then you won't be able to do anything before you delete something from your Web Dynpro component. Select the Web Dynpro component, use menu Web Dynpro Component -> Check -> Generation Limits to check.

ChadRichardson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Samuli.

I am not receiving any type of warning message or errors during activation.

Within my DEV system the applications screen changes are just fine.

They just are not being transported to the QA system...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look inside the transport request or rather the task. It should have entries such as R3TR WDYN, LIMU WDYC, LIMU WDYD and LIMU WDYV. Also make sure that you haven't by mistake included some of the objects in a different non-related request. Also ask your basis admins to make sure newest versions of tp and R3trans are in use although I don't remember them having any issues with Web Dynpro components. What SAP version are you using, including EHPs and SPs?