Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT Master job is stopped even then we see the session in hana db

Kambhampati369
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues and experts,

We have an issue, SLT  Master job is stopped even then we see the  session in hana db.

Kindly suggest what could be the problem?

Best Regards,

Aditya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Kambhampati369
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I understand that once the master job is stopped, all the sessions relevant  in the HANA should be stopped too...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Narashima,

All the sessions relevant  in the HANA should be stopped-- Why should you do this?

If we stop the Master Job,Replication is suspended only.You can do your modeling activities in HANA that time,no issue with that.

justin_molenaur2
Contributor
0 Kudos

SLT should not be actively writing data to HANA if the master job is suspended, you are correct. However, I can't confirm if you will still see sessions (assuming you are looking at Administration/Performance/Sessions tab). They may linger after the master job has stopped.

Not sure what your concern is here, but I would check two things when the master job is stopped

1) Check SM36 in SLT side to see if there are any processes running

2) Check HANA, Administration/Performance/Threads and see if there are any active threads by your SLT user.

Regards,

Justin

Kambhampati369
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the reply.

We were investigating further after my post. We did check the sm37 jobs related to the job are completed and no other job is running on the system.

We did not encounter such situation again where the mater job is stopped and the threds are still active.

Once again thanks a lot for your suggestion!

Best Regards,

Aditya.