0 Kudos

Experts,

I am calling a WDA application URL using code as below,

CALL METHOD cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url

EXPORTING

application_name = 'ZAPP1' --> Name of my application

IMPORTING

out_absolute_url = lv_url_str.

SSO has been enabled but still it prompts the user to enter user id & password.

Is it possible to skip this step by passing logon credentials while calling the URL from our program.

Thanks,

Aspire

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the SSO is not configured properly! So try the below option.

Execute SICF transaction , goto default_host-> sap -> bc -> web dynpro -> sap . Now double click on your Web dynpro Application Name(ZAPP1) and in logon details tab, maintain the user name and password.

The your application will not prompt for User/Pwd.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If we maintain a single uname & pwd in SICF will it work only for that user? I am calling the WDA application from a BOR method in workflow. Whoever is the approver will see the WDA application with data.

Will the setting that you mentioned work irrespective of who the approver is from workflow?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Aspire

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we maintain a single uname & pwd in SICF will it work only for that user?

It will work for all users. According to your scenario, if you are checking sy-uname in your application to determine the approver, am not quite sure whether it returns the user id of approver or the user id maintained in the SICF. unfortunatley I couldn't check as I don't have access to SAP system. so please check the same.

And if it returns the sy-uname as the use id maintained in the SICF (irrespective of the log on user), you can concatenate a parameter flag to indicate the approver in the url (say concatenate lv_url_str & role=A ) after the method call cl_wd_utilities=>construct_wd_url.

Then read the parameter in your application and continue further processing instead of checking sy-uname.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If it work for all users, please tell me what user name & password i should mention in SICF logon details tab.

I believe SY-UNAME will return user id of the approver as he will be opening the work item from his inbox(SBWP). When he attempts to open it, i am calling the WDA application URL in the BOR method.

Thanks

Aspire

Message was edited by: Aspire WF

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain any uname/pwd who has necessary authorizations. better ask the basis team to provide a unique user ID ( though configuring SSO properly is the best way ).

I believe SY-UNAME will return user id of the approver as he will be opening the work item from his inbox(SBWP).

Here, sy-uname will return the user id of approver. But what I meant was whether you are reading sy-uname in your WDA application or not.

Is the purpose of your WDA application is only for approvers? OR it can be accessible for all the users.

For example, consider the timesheet application, The same application ( say ZAPPL1) can be used for the users to maintain the time sheet entries as well for the approvers to approve it. considering the same scenario, In your application, if you are differentiating the Approver/ general user based on SY-UNAME, in this case you need to check the sy-uname value after maintaining the log on in SICF.

If the purpose of the application is only to approve ( for approvers) that you can maintain any user/pwd just to skip the Log on.

Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

But what I meant was whether you are reading sy-uname in your WDA application or not.

I am not reading SY-UNAME in my application.

Is the purpose of your WDA application is only for approvers? OR it can be accessible for all the users.

This is only for approvers. When they open the workitem, WDA application gets started.

Thanks

Aspire

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not dealing with SY-UNAME in your application, then you can maintain any user ID ( possibly a unique one with validity and necessary authorizations) to skip the Log on.

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same issue,when we have multiple application server.

Regards,

Inder

former_member221408
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of Logon are you using? Are you using System Logon? It has SSO2 support.

System Logon - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library