Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM or Ariba ?

former_member434499
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently evaluating two procurement solutions - SRM and Ariba. We  currently have SAP MM. Recently there was a demo from SAP sales folks on both SRM and Ariba solutions. They were inclined towards Ariba and told us that SAP's focus, henceforth will be mainly on cloud solutions i.e., Ariba is their go forward solution . Their focus on SRM might get slowed down and this means new features and new versions on SRM will be delayed or very less. It's an uncomfortable news for many SRM consultants but how true is this ?. Please putforth your realistic thoughts.

Regards,

Sat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sat G,

According to me it seems Cloud solution is a future, Its an On-demand approach and its easy to get it installed in less cost. Although its a unified platform but the requirement of the client can be easily customized (changes done particularly to that client). In addition you get access to already maintained supplier list which is an advantage to Business. Many of the Big clients are moving towards Cloud for their non-direct procurements.

Best Regards,

Anil

James_Marland
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SAP's stated approach for new implementations is to "lead with cloud", and this makes sense as it has the lowest implementation cost and gives access to rapid innovation cycles. It is true that we are making a lot of investments in the cloud, but where possible we make these solutions available to on-Prem users as well.

For example on-prem SRM sourcing users now have the ability to post RFQs and receive responses on the Ariba network, getting access to all of the 1.2m suppliers who are ready. And on-prem SRM users can send and receive orders, invoices, acknowledgements and shipping instructions).

In general we are moving lots of innovations away from "nodes" and to the Business Network, so it is available to both Cloud Procurement and On-Prem SRM customers.

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sat,

yes. AFAIK global strategy - move to ARIBA.

But I can not image that cloud solution will be acceptable for all customers.

SAP tries to bring a unified cloud solution to the clients. But all customers have its own processes and solutions. The great advantage of non cloud solutions - you can adopt system for customer processes without expensive SAP consultants. I'm not sure it will be possible with unified platform.

I would way - let's wait for customers reaction. I know a feedback from some clients: "Looks great, but does not meet our requirements".

May be it will be a solution for small/mid size companies, but not for world wide corporation.

Of course, its just my personal opinion.

Regards

Konstantin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,expert

Do you have any introduction about Ariba solution?

Reards,

Lin

0 Kudos

Hi