cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrieve Search criteria from ResultSet without EPCF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus -

I have a custom WDJ application that has a standard MDM Search & Resultset views as part of its configuration (as Interface View).

What I want to do is capture the search criteria that the user selected for a given request.  I then want to tweak that request with additional search criteria (again .. all done from within the application).  I know the resultset has the capability to passing the Search object during a triggered event, but I am NOT using the Portal Resultset iView, so I cannot define an EPCF event.

I have read posts about using portal eventing (EPCF) to trigger a table event to pass the Search data object to an application (using [MDM Search] parameter, but this requires defining an event from the Portal ResultSet iView.  In my case, I do not have a way to create that event on the embedded resultset view (or at least I don't think I can).

What I want is a way to obtain the Search object so I can search.deserialize() the current criteria that was created from the standard MDM Search view.

Is there a way to do this ?

Many Thanks !!

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhijeet_mukkawar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If I understand clearly, you want to intercept the standard search object and customize it per you requirement. And this should be without EPCF.

but I dont think you can catch that search event/object to customize it.

We also posed against similar requirement, but guess that can only be satisfied using custom search.

-Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's too bad .. was hoping you might of resolved this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved:

There is an option to get the serialized search object from the MDM Search Web Dynpro component, using the interface method 'getSerializedSearch()'.

So, in my wrapper application, I have something like the below.  From here I can manipulate it.

String serializedSearch = wdThis.wdGetSearchInterface().getSerializedSearch();

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you detail what kind of tweak you want to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure.  I have a hybrid application that is pulling in Standard MDM Search component Lookups (Approx 7-8 different groupings) and I'm merging that in with Custom Lookups.  This is needed because of the MDM limitation to group search items in any order.  As you know, the Text fields have to be clustered together.  My requirement is specific so that I may have multiple groupings of text fields intermixed with MDM Lookup Fields.  As a result, I have opted to try to create a hybrid version of the Search (part custom and part standard).  We have 50 search elements on the screen, so you can image the complexity of trying to arrange these items using the standard MDM Search component.

I've got custom code to build the search criteria (with Groups) and I'm using the RetrieveLimitedRecordsCommand as the target class.  My custom code works fine and also works fine when bringing in the standard MDM Search Lookup pieces (using the MDM Configurator).  The search works fine (together) when using a standard MDM ResultSet (Not iView ... but WDJ wrapped).  The Search object (behind the scenes) honors my custom request in addition to Standard requests when using the standard MDM ResultSet.

My problem is that I have to customize the ResutlSet to meet customer requirements, so I cannot wrap it.  I have embedded LinkToURL fields and other items that cannot be handled correctly by the standard ResultSet .. such as a Table object.  When using my custom Resultset, the filtering of the standard MDM Search items (not my custom ones) does NOT work correctly.  In order to get the standard Search fields to filter correctly, I had to use the standard MDM Resultset (hidden).

If I can get my hands on the Search object that it is using, I can search.deserialize() it and blend it in with my existing search object for an all inclusive request so that my custom resultset would then work.

You are probably asking when not just create a full custom front-end Search view.  Because of the number of search fields involved, I was trying to leverage MDM as much as I could so it could handle the popup filtering views and such.

Make sense ?

Chris

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

cannot help, very limited experience with old mdm portal iview.

also not very clear what  you are talking...