cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL invalid Chain error in Work Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Members,

I was earlier using Agentry Client Version (6.0.3) from the app store and connecting to SMP server version 2.3.3.1 along with Work Manager software version 6.0. This seems to be working fine without any issues. How ever there is an upgraded version of SAP Work Manager and Agentry Client (6.1.3) that is available on the app store. When i try to and test the previous set up with above client version I am getting SSL invalid chain error.

After referring to infocenter, I have created a self signed certificate and installed the same on the iPad device as per the steps that are mentioned in the below link:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01930.0233/doc/html/fre13...

Unfortunately this did not help in solving the issue. I am still getting the same error message in the Agentry Transmit window:

"
Requesting Public Key from Server
SSL Invalid Chain
Communications error(14)
Connection failed
Ending transmission
"
The error that i get in the events logs file is:

"
getLog "ANGEL Front End"."connection"."*"
02/11/2014 07:42:25, 1, 159, 537325671, Thr 3912, error:2006F067:BIO routines:BIO_read:connect error, ..\Socket\openSSLsockets.cpp#997:OpenSSLstreamSocket::SSLStreamSocket::checkSSLerror
"

Please let me know if you have encountered a similar issue with the newer version of the Agentry client available in the app store. Any inputs will be much helpful.

Many Thanks.

Regards,
Kartik

PS: I have also tried testing this on the Android and iPhone device and a similar error message is to be seen there as well.

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kartik,

For SMP 2.3 and Agentry, the certificates need to be genereated and installed on the Agentry server not on the client.  The SSL Invalid Chain error indicates that the certificate received by the client from the server doesn't match the server's connection information.

The certificate needs to be generated using the same hostname and/or ip address you are entering on the client when making the first connection to the Agentry server.  This certificate file is copied to the server directory and teh Agentry.ini is updated to point to the new file and also what the associated password is for the .pfx file.  Remember to check / update the flag for if the password is encoded or not.

DocCommentXchange

Then restart the server and try to connect again using the 6.1.3 client.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

Many Thanks for he reply. The application  is up and running now. I have used the same steps including installing certificate on device as mentioned in :  SyBooks Online

The only difference here is that the SMP server version was downgraded to SP02. With the initial understanding and the discussions it looks like this could very well be an issue specific to SP03 for SMP 2.3.

Regards,

Kartik

Answers (0)