cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup stratigies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using Ecc 6.0 ehp-4, SAP Basis 700 level 22, kernel 710 uc patch 223 and it is connected with SAP CCS, DB Oracle 10g ver 10.2.0.5.0, OS Windows 2008 R2 SP -1, please help me how could I schedule the redo log backup every 15 mins and weekly full backup automatically, I am trying to use DB13 but its not working even no log files, but through brtools its working properly, please help me how to automate the backup strategy process is there any parameters I need to change in int<SID>.ora.

.Thank you

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you want to take backup to tape / disk? have you configured the init<SID>.sap accordingly and correctly? in DB13 you should be able to configure the log backup and the database backup separately or database backup + redo log backup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your reply we want to take the backup using tape please help me which parameters need to change I changed the backup type to tape but still not working and one more doubt that if we are taking redo log backup every 15 mins then again the daily incremental backup is required or not please help.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Please adjust following parameters in initSID.sap

For Backup on Tape:

backup_type = offline / online

backup_dev_type = tape

backup_root_dir = /oracle/<SID>/sapbackup

Incase of errors using db13 please share the error details.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You also need these ones for the archive backup

archive_copy_dir = D:\SAP_Backup\Arch

archive_function = save_delete

You can also use BR*tool to cleanup archive backup dir with this parameter

and scheduling brconnect -u / -c -f cleanup

cleanup_disk_archive = <days>

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you I set the parameters and its working thanks a lot to all of you.

Answers (0)