Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not working : SAP offline interactive adobe form on android

HansRaj
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have designed and developed offline interactive adobe form and used java script  to show drop down.

its working on window using laptop and desktop but not working on android device.

My requirement is to use the same adobe form on android devices.

Adobe form is getting displayed but no input is enabled and no drop down is showed.

Request you to suggest me the solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neither Acrobat X for Android or iPad provides interactive PDF Form functionality.

Per Dave Merchant whose response seems to sum it up best in the thread/link below:

"I'm not going to say it will or will not happen, but so far the approach taken to the mobile versions of Adobe Reader is to create a small, fast and reliable app, rather than to aim for the "do-everything" desktop product. We can't have 100% forms support as there are political as well as technical problems (no JavaScript on iOS), and given the core market for the Acrobat Family, it's simpler for customers to understand "no mobile forms support" than "some of your forms may work on some devices". Consumers of PDF files have no idea if the document they've been sent has Reader-enabled rights, scripting, or is written in XFA - they just see a "broken" app. The versions of Reader on iOS and Android we have right now are testing the market, and new/modified features will of course appear over time, based on feedback. What's noticeable is that other app developers don't seem to be interested in adding support for things like XFA (despite the spec being available) - does that mean there's not as much demand from consumers as we think? Tablets are changing the landscape very rapidly, but filling in a complex PDF form on a cellphone is hardly an enjoyable experience!

Speaking  personally, I could see a time when Reader on mobile will detect  features in a PDF file and dynamically grab helper apps from the network, or redirect to an online SaaS solution (such as EchoSign for digital signatures, ADEP for XFA) when a particular feature isn't possible on the handset in question. I don't expect the core app will support everything, as 90% of the people installing it just want to view a file - they won't like all that  space taken up on their phones with stuff they never use."

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3353923