cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In define checking Group checking Bloc QtRq indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please let me know the Pro's and Con's of checking Block QtRq indicator.

can any one explain me with example?

Early reply Appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An example:

Available Quantity = 100

Sales Order 1 is created by User A for quantity of 100

In another session, Sales Order 2 is created by User B for same material for quantity of 100.

Indicator is set ----> System will prevent confirmation of quantity for Sales Order 2, therefore preventing an overconfirmation.

Indicator is not set ---> System will not prevent confirmation of quantity for Sales Order 2, you run the risk of overconfirmation.

Indicator Set

Sales Order 1

Sales Order 2

Indicator Not Set

Sales Order 1

Sales Order 2

So pro for putting the indicator on is that you prevent a possible overconfirmation. However, if the user backs out of sales order 1 without saving, it means that sales order 2 does not get confirmed when there is available quantity. That is the disadvantage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if you check in F1 it is quite clear that if the indicator is set it will allow multiple users to create sales order but in screen shot i see second order will not create as no quantity is available.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But if you check in F1 it is quite clear that if the indicator is set it will allow multiple users to create sales order 

Please once again read the F1 your statement is wrong. If you block the indicator, other users can't create for the same qty. The above explanation is very clear.

I assume you are talking about the below indicator.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But if you check in F1 it is quite clear that if the indicator is set it will allow multiple users to create sales order

Your findings is incorrect as pointed out by Srinu.  Please find below once again the explanation provided by SAP which is self-explanatory.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assumed you were referring to the indicator in OVZ2. This F1 help states:

"Set this block if you want several users to be able to process the material simultaneously in different transactions without blocking each other."

I think this just distinguishes it from the block in OVZ1 which would not allow several users to process the material simultaneously. You would get the following error for sales order 2:

But I think my initial response about how the indicator works is still valid.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu the block indicator is in OVZ2 not in OVZ!.

Thanks!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks lakshmi got the concept.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot it is really help full!!!!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Experts!!!!

For cash sales scenario when multiple orders get proceeded simultaneously the issue was zero delivery qty deliveries were getting created.so business wanted to check off the availabilty so that deliveries need to be created for all orders. so for that in delivery item category  availabilty check off was set and in OVZ2 block qtRq indicator is set.Client doesn't want BATCH JOB concept.

Now need to know what will be the impact of this setting on the real business of the client.

can any one suggest me is there any other alternative to meet my clents requirement.

Early reply appreciated!!!!!