cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you archive vendors in SAP SRM 5.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP SRM Gurus,

We are running SAP SRM 5 in an Extended Classic Scenario with ECC 6.  We have thousands of vendors in SRM & MM that have never transacted before.  We want to archive these vendors out of SRM  (and MM) as well.  The question is:  How do we archive vendors in SAP SRM 5?  Do we use archive object CA_BUPA with transaction code SARA?  What are the dependencies?

Thanks you

Pedzi Mutapiri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pdezi,

You can archive vendors with trx sara for object CA_BUPA.

If you encounter error, please check the solution in note 1037960 to fix the error.

After this, you can archive vendors with trx sara without error.

Regards,

Ivy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivy,

Thank you for the response. Further question:  Is it a requirement that we must archive transactional data first (purchase orders, shopping carts etc) before archiving vendors in SRM?   If I archive a vendor that has old completed purchase orders, will I still be able to display those purchase orders?

Regards

Pedzi

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pedzi,

I think archiving one vendor before its open document will cause data inconsistency. For example, you may not be able to edit the PO where this vendor exists since an error will be raised. So I suggest you archive or close all related documents before archiving the vendor.

Regards,

Ivy