cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCo 2.3 Authorization Error while connecting to MII 14.0

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to connect MII 14.0(installed on HP-UX[Unix] system) with PCo 2.3 (installed on Windows 2003 R2 SP2 system). Both MII & PCo servers are on same network. When we are trying to configure the PCo details in MII Data Servers using the link(http://<PCOServerIP:Port>/PCoManagement) , its connecting and we can see the Agents created in PCo. Also when the the PCo connector is enabled in MII, the status is showing green.

When we try to retrieve the tags using PCo Query TagRetrieveQuery, No tags shows up in MII and an error message is displayed. The MII Log shows lots of errors starting with "Authorization Error PCo". This error shows up when we are configuring the PCo details. To be exact this error shows up after entering the PCo link and clicking on Next button and entering the UserName & Password for the PCo system . Attached is the screen shot of the log error.

The user-id for the system on which PCo is installed has administrator privileges. The Net. TCP Port sharing services is also started on the PCo server.

Any other services need to started in the PCo server or anything we missed out? Is there any another service which needs to be activated for Web service?

PCo is connected to OSISoft PI using PI SDK 1_3_6_364.

We have tried applying SP's available for PCo 2.3 and still facing the same issue. In-fact we are facing more issues when we apply SP's for PCo. The tag list which shows up on PCo during Subscription Items > Browse, reduces and only few tags which are not required gets displayed in PCo.

MII Version   : 14.0

PCo Version : 2.3

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

The Authorization Error is just an info and not an actual error. The actual issue was there are around 10000 tags on PI server and the PCo query was not able to display tags because when MII query is made to PCo, it used to get timed out. While creating Data servers for PCo we have an option to set this Query time out value. By increasing the Query timeout value in Data server for PCo at MII end and reducing the tags list using Alias in PCo end resolved the issue.

Regards,

Jeedesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeedesh,

Make sure that both PCoManagement host service & Agent instance are started.

Have a look at the following thread as this talks about the authorization exception coming while configuring PCo Server in MII:

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I already checked by ensuring the PCoManagement host and Agent instance services are started. I can see the status as Running "green" when the PCo data server is enabled at the MII end. But the problem is, no tags shows-up in the PCoQuery TagRetriveQuery mode. The logs start with this Authorization Error PCo "You do not have permission to access the Web Service". The PCo Server user-id has local Admin rights.

Is there any other specific service need to be activated?

Regards,

Jeedesh

former_member202228
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Make sure you add the local machine name in the PCo user string for authentication, i.e. domain\user or machinename\user.

If you don't add it, the domain is implied, and it usually tries to authenticate with the domain controller, hence the authentication error.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Paul. I tested with the machine\user id and still i am facing the same error.