cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on installation of Netweaver GW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a query on installation of NW Gateway 2.0. I have BW 7.3 SP5 and ECC 6.

I want to expose my BW query as an ODATA service. So for that I want to install NW gateway.

But which is the best approach?

1) Install on BW

2) Install on ECC

We have tried to install GW 2.0 SP4 on BW 7.3 SP5, but not able to do that. I think BW 7.3 is not supported for GW 2.0.

I also heard that we can install gateway on ECC and then RFC through, we can expose BW's query into ODATA. Is it correct?

Please guide me, I am new to this.

Regards,

Niket Talati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Niket,

you are right, SAP NetWeaver 7.30 is not supported for SAP NetWeaver Gateway.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp08/helpdata/en/52/fc994f456a4573957461be15520fe8/content.htm

The BW integration is part of the AddOn IW_BEP and it is remote enabled. As a result you can generate the BW based OData Services on the Hub System if you deploy IW_BEP in addition to GW_CORE and IW_FND.

You can install the Gateway Server components on the ECC system itself (provided it runs at least on top of NetWeaver 7.02) but I would recommend to use (if possible) a standalone Gateway Server (with IW_BEP deployed for the BW integration).

Kindly check my following blog about the different deployment options

Best Regards,

Andre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your reply!

Just want to ask one small query, as per my understanding from your reply, we will install GW on ECC side because standalone is not possible in our case. In this installation, we will also install three components which you have mentioned - IW_BEP, GW_CORE, IW_FND on ECC.

Please let me know if I have wrong understanding in this.

After this installation, we will able to fetch BW query and export it as ODATA, right?

And also suggest Service Pack level of NW Gateway for this BW to ODATA functionality enabled and how we can find out the SP level for current downloaded components?

Regards,

Niket Talati

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Niket,

yes you are right, if standalone is not possible you have to deploy  IW_BEP, GW_CORE, IW_FND on ECC.

Yes you will be able to fetch data from BW afterwards provided you have created a trusted system relationship between the ERP and your BW system so that SSO is possible.

You should take the highest SP that is available which is currently SP8.

The SP numbers should be visible when downloading the components from the SAP Service Marketplace.

Best Regards,

Andre

Answers (0)