cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM Manual Quality Level creation without assignment to Inspection Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In our solution we are not using Inspection Plans but we are using DMR and Quality Levels. Is there any way to create Quality levels? For example:

1. For Material A we want to use DMR Z01 and initial Quality level should be 010.
  2. For Material B we want to use DMR Z01 and initial Quality level should be 020.

How we can achieve this?

Best regards,

Jerzy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hvasud1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The post is little old and I think few of you might have figured out that there is a SAP note 136395 to address this. But for the benefit of others in the same situation, It is worthwhile mentioning the note number.

The Note addresses 2 situations that cannot be handled by QDL1 transaction. One, this transaction cannot be used to create quality level in absence of inspection plan. Second, you cannot create a quality level at the characteristic level.

The code mentioned in the note can be implemented as is to create quality level at inspection type level. Or, modified to suite your needs as in the case of "setting up quality level for a characteristic", during "legacy data migration to setup quality level the first time" in SAP, etc.

@ Jerzy Lapa, with my personal experience, I advise against setting up different Dynamic Modification Rule(DMR). I've noticed that history of quality modification level will be lost when you change the DMR. It is the stages that should control the inspection frequency not the DMR itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you for input and for the note number. However, we found FM:
QDBU_QUALITY_LEVEL_POSTING

With this FM you can create whatever Quality level you want. However, you have to be very careful, because, as I said, you can upload whatever you want.

Best regards,

Jerzy

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you from your input. We will consider these solutions:

1. Create DMRs with different Initial stages, and then (if needed) block not longer used DMRs.
  2. Wait for first IL and then change Quality level.

Best regards,

Jerzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jerzy Lapa,

No quality level is created without inspection plan.

I personally checked it.

Regard's

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

As task list is not available, we cannot create quality level

but I have a workaround

In QM view, inspection type add DMR for both materials.

When first inspection lot is created,Initially both material will be in initial stage.

Then go to QDL2 Tcode and change next stage to 20 for second material.

Limitation: As we are defining DMR in material level it will be applicable for all vendors who supply this material.

Kindly check if this can help u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not Poosible.

Thanks,

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.

Craig