cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does CBTA supports SAP Netweaver Business Client (NWBC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a requirement from my client. The clients want to know does CBTA supports NWBC (NetWeaver Business Client). My clients uses NWBC as standard-GUI (general user interface) for every SAP-system like ECC, SRM, SCM CRM, SolMan, eWM, BI, HCM, … etc.

Thanks in Advance

Mohar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to below compatibility matrix, I guess it should work for NWBC even though they did not mention here explicitly.

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000043132014E.XLS

Suppose if it does not recognize the NWBC thick client, then you can always test NWBC screen with browser based GUI (internet explorer) which is compatible with CBTA.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

What you are telling can be an option, but again have you done like this before, since I am looking for a 100% confirm picture.

Regards

Mohar

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tried HP QTP but not CBTA. In case of QTP we scripted the NWBC using Internet Explorer and it works 100% fine. Also as Jansi mentioned, if you want NWBC thick client to be recognized then you may need additional effort.

One thing confuses me here is, using CBTA you want to test end to end process, so what really needed is the Test Package has run successfully (Failed/Passed) or not. So how does it really matter if one of the test step used NWBC on IE or thick client NWBC ? The end result is what we look for right?

-Vivek 

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know it's unusual to answer his own questions 😉 However I in a different forum I was quickly pointed towards the answer:

SAP Note 1835958 from 2015-07-28:

CBTA 3.0 : Known Issues

[...]

6. Limitations related to the Browser

[...]

NetWeaver business Client (NWBC) is not supported.

[...]

Original document:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1835958

(SAP marketplace login required)

Naturally, this brings up the follow-up question: now is there an SAP tool for testing NWBC? And if not, is there a recommended 3rd party tool? As these questions aren't covered by the thread's headline, I will start a new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohar, hi all,

this thread hasn't been updated for about a year, but I found this searching for a solution for the very same problem: a client of mine wants to know whether he can use CBTA to automate tests for NWBC.

Now there are contradictory statements from Jansi and Sonal whether CBTA works...

@Mohar: did you give it a try? What has been the outcome?

@all: after a year, is there any update regarding this topic? Is there a clarifying statement from SAP regarding NWBC+CBTA (I haven't found one)? Has there been some further development of NWBC or CBTA that changes the situation?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards

Robert

sonalkumar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohar,

Good to see you on SCN!

CBTA does not support automation of NW BC. You may consider using UFT 11.53.

Regards,

Sonal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NWBC is nothing but the web dynpro based sapgui

As per the guide CBTA 3.0 SP2 - Query API for Web Applications | SCN

section 2.1, yes CBTA supports Web dynpro ABAP, web GUI means html gui and all the other UI technologies. But you need additional effort.

Refer the doc.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for the reply

Regards

Mohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohar,

Have a loook at the note 1926307 - CBTA 3.0 Release Documentation SP2

THanks,

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish,

Thanks for the reply but, from the notes its still not clear if CBTA does or does not support NWBC.

Regards,