Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career in BASIS?

chinni_adapa
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

One of my friend is working on Manual Testing,now he wants to change his platform from Manual TESTING to SAP BASIS. Kindly suggest him, is this decision is correct or not.

Kindly give your suggestions on SAP BASIS.

Thanks & Regards,

Chinni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My suggestion is need to know the SAP overview and fundamentals of SAP BASIS(SAP R/3 Security).

Then go for SAP BASIS as his background is not from SAP.

He need to understand the terminology. I mean transaction, authorizations, profile, Roles(Single,Composite, Derived).

Then slowly start the BASIS topics like TMS,Spool Admin, Client Admin, CCMS Monitoring,

Background jobs, Then DB Admin.

Post installation Steps.

Road map to implementation.

Spend at least 1 hour in scn.sap.com to read fourm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Basis and Security is different area.. and i would suggest only concentrate on Basis as start... first he should go thorough the basic fundamentals of SAP/DB/OS... unless he has hand-on experience he will struggle to understand as there is a lot of difference between theory and practical experience.

i would also suggest to visit sap.com/education for more details and there are below courses available.

ADM100 – ABAP Administration

ADM102 – AS ABAP – Administration II

ADM800 – AS Java 7.31 - Administration

ADM200 – AS Java – Administration NW 7.0

ADM505 – Database Administration Oracle I

ADM506 – Database Administration Oracle II

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

he should have at-least some basic knowledge on databases (i suggest 2 different databases ie Oracle/MS-SQL/DB2) and operating systems (unix and windows).