cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material to be delivered to be different from sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a client requirement where in the sales order is created for Material  A and the customer will request for some other item of similar price to be delivered example material B

The client needs delivery note and the invoice to be done for Material A and also the reports should material A

Kindly Advise,How can I go for this kind of situation

With Regards

Mohammed Raees

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raeesuddin,

Please confirm - delivery note and bill should have the material which is in the order (which is not the delivered material)!

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

It is confirmed that the material (Material A ) in sales order has to flow to the delivery note and the invoice

Our client has a contract with the customer for material A while the end users (Customers Departments) will ask for the material B which is of similar price.

We have to mention the same material (Material A) in the delivery note and the invoice as these documents will be cross checked during  payment by the customer finance department with the contract that we have for Material A.

We are using Make to Order Process here

Customer places order for Material A and customer department will ask for Material B, We have to manufacture Material B and physically delivery Material B ,

But keep the material A in sales order, Delivery and Invoice

if i am using Sales BOM as Suggested above by Laxmipathy and others how can we do the order cost settlement.

With Regards

Mohammed Raees

mahmoud_rashad
Explorer
0 Kudos

you mean that customer has changed his mind, what is the business concept of that why he want to do that .

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you follow BOM scenario, both material codes will appear in system but in output, you can control in such a way to show only the required component.  This is one approach.  The other approach is via Material Determination.  Try both the options and choose which you feel would be better to suit Business needs.

G. Lakshmipathi

mahmoud_rashad
Explorer
0 Kudos

material determination will make the main material be replaced with the alternative material you selected and this item will continue with you in all sales processes, plus it'll be valid all time not for a certain period of time , i mean no ( valid to ) field.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This you can do it Through BOM Functioanlity where in the main item will be Billed and Subitem will be Delivered.

mahmoud_rashad
Explorer
0 Kudos

if you do that, you will make both materials be due for the delivery. and that isn't what required.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mahmoud,

If the schedule line category for the main item does not have field Relevant for Delivery activated, then it shall not populate in the delivery.

So, with configuration - one can only populate subitems in delivery.

mahmoud_rashad
Explorer
0 Kudos

good question i follow & awaiting for the answer