cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete the iBase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, I have had some trouble with CHaRM config, and now that I have it sorted, I would actually like to redo my iBase. Ho can I delete the iBase? I noticed there is a Activate/Deactivate function, and a Set Deletion Flag, but when and how is the iBase deleted? Also, there are components in the iBase that you cannot dismantle/remove - how do you remove the top-most components in the iBase?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ulf_boje
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bernardt,

did you solve your problem with the iBase? I have the same problem in our Installation.

Do you know how to delete the entries in the meantime?

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

please use IB52 and choose installation number 1. In the next screen go into the navigation screen on the left and position your cursor on the element you want to delete. The context menue (right mouseclick) allows you to "cut" the marked element. Don't forget to save.

Hope it helps,

Alexander

ulf_boje
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

unfortunately it doesn't help. In IB52 the item is deleted from the screen but pressing the save button ends with the message "no change made to installed base with number xxx", and the item still exists in the iBase.

regards

Ulf

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

sorry, they must have changed something there. But if you place the cursor on the item you want to delete in the navigation panel, then there is a button on top of this navigation tree with the (german) tooltip "Ausbau Komponente" (the third from the left just before the scissors for the "Cut" command). If you press this button you are deleting the item. At least at SolMan 4.0 SP12 8-).

Best regards,

Alexander

ulf_boje
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I just found a SAP Note in the market place (1049800). After implementing it, the Cut-Command in the tree was working.

It was a program error.

Thanks and have a nice day

Ulf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulf,

thanx very much - I already thought I was going mad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

This SAP Notes resolved the Abap dump error for Solman 7.1 SP5

Note 1714842 - Short dump when deleting a component in ibase

Rdgs,

Daniel