cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed on SAP HANA Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have some questions related to SAP HANA Studio.

1) How to change Max rows from 200 to 5000 in Data Preview?

2) While creating graphical calculation views, I could not add more than two tables in "join", "union" operations.

How can I add more than two tables or views in "join", "union" operations?

3) In SAP Hana Studio and modeler view, we have an element called ‘Projection’ (join, union, aggregation of calculation view).

When working with ‘Projection’, I can only add two objects(joins, unions etc) to it.

Why only two objects allowed? How can I add more than two objects to ‘Projection’?

4) How can I change the data type of a table column in model views(Attribute/Analytic/Calculation)?

5) Is it possible to change the data type of a table column? How?

6) Is there a way to create two index tables on one and the same column of a table?

7) In SAP HANA Studio, how to create outer joins on two different tables using SQL queries?

Please help me in resolving the above queries.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sundeep_chalasani
Participant
0 Kudos

in HANA Studio,

Click on Window -> Preferences -> SAP HANA -> Modeler -> Data Preview

and then select "No Limit" (might lead to memory issues when previewing large tables)

You can only select 5000 or no limit depending on your need

Thanks,

Sundeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you really need to go on a training course for SAP HANA - this will all be covered. Alternatively it is all in the HANA documentation in http://help.sap.com/hana

1) Preferences -> SAP HANA -> Runtime -> Result -> Maximum number of rows displayed in result

2) This is by design. You can use a Star Join as of Rev.70 in the output node for multiple tables.

3) This is by design.

4) By changing the data type of the underlying table or creating a calculated column.

5) ALTER TABLE <TABLENAME> ALTER (<COLUMNNAME> <NEWTYPE>)

6) This question doesn't make any sense

7) Yes, using SQL or SQLScript

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to John's inputs,

If you are asking on how to change the Maximum rows displayed while using "Data Preview". You can achieve like this below:

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John and Krishna,

Thank you for your replies.

1) "Preferences -> SAP HANA -> Runtime -> Result -> Maximum number of rows displayed in result" is not working for me. Though, I change it to 5000 in the Preferences/Modeler, it still shows Max rows as 200 and I have to manually change it to 5000 every time.

2) Please let me know the solution for Rev.60.

3) I am not sure if it is a design problem.

4) I have tried to change the data type of a table column in calculation view. It did not work for me.

5) I have tried to changed the data type with the above provided syntax. It does not allow me to convert NVARCHAR to DECIMAL.

6) Could you please let me know why creating two index tables on a single column makes no sense to you(John)?

7) Even I am aware outer joins can be done using SQL queries. However, I am looking for some example SQL queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Works here. Try updating your HANA Studio revision.

2) Upgrade to Revision 70 or link the joins together in multiple steps.

3) It's just how it works, link multiple projections together in multiple steps.

4) You can't change the data type of a column in a calculation view unless you create a calculated column. Even then you can't convert between text and numeric.

5) You cannot convert from NVARCHAR to DECIMAL, you have to create a new column and then update the new column, casting from NVARCHAR to DECIMAL using to_decimal. This is the same as other SQL databases.

ALTER TABLE <TABLENAME> ADD <COLUMNNAME> DECIMAL(17,2);

UPDATE <TABLEMAME> SET <COLUMNDECIMAL> = to_decimal(<COLUMNTEXT>);

In general, be sure to use the right structured column types in the first place with HANA. It's very important to the design and performance of your applications.

6) The sentence doesn't parse. Since it doesn't parse I have no idea what you're asking.

7) There are plenty of SQL examples to be found if you search Google or SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using the Raw Data preview there is yet another area to set the limit additional to the ones already mentioned. This is on the far right of the preview menu bar as indicated below (scroll right to see the full image here).