cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS applications do not close sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we have ITS based version of ESS, as well as one BSP application, all integrated in EP 6.2. The problem is that applications do not close sessions, as it is pretty visible e.g. in transaction SM04. I checked the setting of ~disconnectOnClose=1. Small popup windows closing the session are not visible.

We use SSO based on SAP logon tickets.

EP 6.0 SP2 P5 HF8

ITS 6.2 PL 14

SAP HR 4.7 PL38

SAP Basis 6.2 PL 48

Any idea?

Thanks,

Pavol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pavol,

see note 766287. You need to make sure that Portal's DSM is configured correctly - ITS's disconenctonclose feature will not work within Portal.

Regards,

Jan

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try setting ~MULTIINSTANCESERVICES=0 in the service parameter in case of Stand alone ITS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

after re-applying PL14 on ITS it works, DSM acts well.

But... We have one ITS outside portal's domain. Well, SAP did never expected, that some companies might have internal rules for organizing Intranet domains. It is not allowed to create alias for this ITS. Has anybody solved this situation?

Thanks,

Pavol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After i upgraded my ITS from 610 to 620 Patch level 4 The disconnection was working fine with poping the disconnection.

But after applying patch level 17 itw as not working even though the parameters.

~timeout

~disconnectOnClose

~userTimeout

I tried all the option and even created massage in OSS but no luck.

SO i have to revert back to 620 Patch 4 and now working fine.

Regards

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prem,

did you read note 766287? When running in a Portal environment, ITS's disconnectonclose feature will be automatically deactivated. You have to enable session handling on the Portal side (DSM).

(As I already told you.)

Regards,

Jan

reza_saket
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Pavol,

We got the DSM working and properly releasing all the essions and locks.

You need to make sure that you have all popup blockers disabled, since DSM opens up and closes a new window in the background.

Does anybody know if there is a way to have DSM running, but not creating popup windows, so that the popup blocker could still be enabled?

reza_saket
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are having the same problem with ITS sessions not releasing. I have set disconnectOnClose to 1 in catw.srvc, global.srvc and webgui.srvc.

Any idea?

Thanks