Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting all entries in se11 at a time through debugging ?

itsmearunpai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

Is there any way to delete all the selected entries inside the table at a time through debugging.

I know that the entries can be deleted one at a time through '/h'.

How about the selected records at a time?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nabheetscn
Active Contributor

Where do you want to delete the records from database table or internal table please clarify

16 REPLIES 16

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun.

You want to delete table fields in SE11?

You can select them and delete all at once via button with icon - (Delete row).

0 Kudos

Hi Arun

I have to delete the selected records in the database table..

Am not able to delete the records as in the Table view maintenance it is displaying

'Allowed with restrictions'.

It feels cumbersome when I have to delete many records and the only option is through debugging and deleting a single record.

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun,

If I am not wrong deleting all the entries at a time from an internal table through Debugging option is available in NEW DEBUGGER but not in classical debugger.

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

These is lot of thread available in the scn, so please search you post the question !!!!

Why are you deleting the entire's from SAP Standard table ???

you should never delete the entire's from standard table i will not recommend these options of deleting the entire's from standard table table.

For example, If want to delete entires of Sales order header in VBAK, But the same data will be updated VBAP , VBFA ,VBUP and etc which will effect businees data, if you really want the delete record just amend the sales order.

you can delete records in the custom table that will not effect the business data.

0 Kudos

Hi madhu

This is a custom table and I have to delete the records in that.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor

Where do you want to delete the records from database table or internal table please clarify

0 Kudos

Hi nabheet

This is a Database table

0 Kudos

and why do you want to delete it..any specific reason..for deleting while in debugging..

Nabheet

0 Kudos

In case you want to delete multiple entries from custom table you can refer this link

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/blog/2014/02/06/change-the-data-without-table-maintenance-in-non-p...

Nabheet

0 Kudos

Hi Nabheet

Thanks for the answer.

While addressing an issue in a program,the table got updated while running the program.

So I have to revert it back so as to the run the program again.Thanks once again.

0 Kudos

Hello Nabheet ,

Every useful link, really i was not aware of these FM .

Thanks  and regards,

Madhukumar

0 Kudos

Hi Nabheet,

Please don't provide links to threads which are potentially dangerous.  I feel it is better to be ignorant than to try something which can have disastrous consequences.

Regards,

DPM

0 Kudos

DEBOPRIYO MALLICK thanks for the concern..But the blog clearly mentions about non productive system. I dont think people will have access to sE37 in productive system at least

thanks

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

You can delete the data from SE14, enter the table name and click the radio button delete data and execute as shown in the below screen shot.

0 Kudos

Hi madhu kumar,

Cool, thanks very much.

Regards,

Mustafa ASLAN