Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document splitting- Item category

vinayakk_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have an issue related to Document splitting.

Doc. splitting is activated, however system is allowing to post any document type for FB60. We need to restrict system to use specific Doc. types for transaction code like FB60.

There is some setting in item category for the same.

Please suggest the same.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak.

For you restrict system to use specific Doc. types, You may define a new transaction variant and use it.

If necessary define a new document splitting rule.

After Chance the Classify document type for document Splitting

Check also the OSS note   1085921 - Document split

Best Regards.

Jandoval Nascimento

vinayakk_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jandoval,

Thanks for your information. We are using Doc splitting Method 00012.

We are implementing new GL migration process,

As you said, changing splitting rule is not easy as SAP does not allow us to change the same.

We are in a testing phase, where new gl has been activated as per cockpit.

Please let me know how to change the splitting rule.

if you have any document on this, will help me

you can reach me at kvinayak911@gmail.com

regards,

vinayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak

To do so.

1) IMG: Define Business Transaction Variants

- define new transaction variant (ex. Z001) for unspecified posting

= business transaction 0300

- make sure to include only item categories that are same as

business transaction 0300 + 0001 BUT without the 03000 Item category

IMG: Define Splitting Rule

- define the split rule for 0300 + Z001 (new variant)

- make sure to "copy" all setting of split rule 0300 + 0001

- without include item ct. 03000.

Please take the time to go through the following notes and please

also review the help.sap.com documentation on document splitting.

1085921 Document split

891144 New GL/Document splitting: Risks w/ subsequent cha

871277 IMG documentation, G/L acctg (FI-GL new), document

Best Regards.

Jandoval Nascimento.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinayak.

For you better understand.

All Business Transaction Variants has a categories group assigned it. These categories group determine what business processes will be allowed for each document type which  has Business Transaction Variants assigned.

These are categories group.

01000 Balance Sheet Account

01001 Zero Balance Posting (Free Balancing Units)

01100 Company Code Clearing

01300 Cash Discount Clearing

02000 Customer

02100 Customer: Special G/L Transaction (available only in ERP2005)

03000 Vendor

03100 Vendor: Special G/L Transaction (available only in ERP2005)

04000 Cash Account

05100 Taxes on Sales/Purchases

05200 Withholding Tax

06000 Material

07000 Asset

20000 Expense

30000 Revenue

40100 Cash Discount (Expense/Revenue/Loss)

40200 Exchange Rate Difference

80000 Customer specific

There is only one Business Transaction Variants "0000" that has all categories (business processes) assigned. The Another Business Transaction Variants has only Specific categories assigned them.

For example:

Vendor invoice.

The posting for vendor invoice is a credit amount to the vendor reconciliation account, a debit amount to the expense and automatically created tax line (the example can use also multiple tax codes)

The account assignments on the expense lines are usually entered manually on the entry view. The account assignments for the vendor and tax lines have to be derived from the expense lines

The Vendor Invoice Business Transaction Variants "0300"  has only Specific categories assigned it.

01000    Balance Sheet Account

01100    Company Code Clearing

01300    Cash Discount Clearing

03000    Vendor

03100    Vendor: Special G/L Transaction

05100    Taxes on Sales/Purchases

05200    Withholding Tax

06000    Material

07000    Fixed Assets

20000    Expense

30000    Revenue

40200    Exchange Rate Difference

80000    Customer-Specific Item Category

All document type that need these business processes should this Business Transaction Variants "0300" assigned it, on Classify Document Types for Document Splitting.

As for example:

GA         Vendor Document 0300  0001      Vendor invoice

GR          Vendor Invoice 0300      0001      Vendor invoice

J1            Accounting Document  0300      0001      Vendor invoice

J2            Accounting Document  0300      0001      Vendor invoice

J3            Accounting Document  0300      0001      Vendor invoice

KA          Vendor Document         0300      0001      Vendor invoice

However, I advise You analyse all business process which are be needed for each document type and choose the better business transactions variants for assigned It.

Business Transaction Variants "0000"

Business Transaction Variants "0300" 

Classify Document Types for Document Splitting

Please don't forget see OSS Note 1085921 - Document split

Best Regards.

Jandoval Nascimento

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can restrict by GSP_VZ1 tcode.

Thanks.

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

Document splitting active and making doc type mandatory for FB60 are two separate issues. If you want to default a particular doc type for FB60, you can do so by configuration and if you want to use only a particular doc type for FB60, go for FI Validation(OB28).

If you have any issues in Doc splitting with respect to Doc type.. do let us know in order to be able to give specific solution.

Regards,

Kavita

vinayakk_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kavita/Pankaj,

Since Document splitting is activated, system should not allow us posting with diff doc type.

eg. if I try to post in f-53 with doc type KA (categorized in INV posting), system shud not allow to post the payment transaction.

If I try to post in fb60 with KZ (pmt), it should not allow,

In my case, system is allowing to post the entry in FB60 with any doc type.

There is a setting in transaction variant, to assign the item category,

However system not allowing to change the same.

vinayak

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

Check the Settings related to transaction varaint assigntment to Documetn type and behaviour of Business transaction.

Regards

Pankaj P

vinayakk_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi pankaj,

the settings related to transaction variant (assignment to item category) is standard. The document can not be attached over here, otherwise I wud have shown you. Any alternate mail id u have???

regards,

Vinayak

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

This standard behaviour of SAP . You can post any document type from FB60 / FB50 and FB70 . System doesn't stop you to post .

YOu do n't want use to chnage the document type KR for FB 60 then please go to FB 60 and clcik on EDiting option

then choose the how would you want to have docuemnt type field in FB60 .

You want user to chnage then ready for input , it can only be display and even once you make you defualt document type you can hide the field in FB 60 .

After making setting please SAVE and come out from FB60 .

Now go in FB60 again and check you will find your new setting

Many thanks 

vinayakk_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Preeti,

This is not a right solution dear.

I know this settings. We are in a face of testing the Doc splitting environment. Testing can be negative as well. This needs to be proved. & hence when we take diff doc type, system shud not post entry

ok?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

But this is standard SAP that you can use any document in any transaction system won't stop you unless until that document type is defined to use for account type. Like GL , vendor , Customer.

You  want to do negative testing then Use any document which is not allowed  for Vendor  and if that get posted through FB60 that would be fail of test .

IF you go to OBA7 you can find all document type and double click to find out whether its vendor or customer or all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

As Preeti said, it is standard SAP behaviour and you cant restrict that except doc type settings with respect to A,K,D,M or S or Validation as I mentioned before.

But, Yes, whether splitting is happening or not that is a thing to test and this cannot have any restriction on the document type vis a vis transaction code.

In short, with doc splitting active and your configuration setting where you assign business transaction variant and transaction variant against the doc types, system mandates certain entries for those doc types..

For example, if you use doc type KR, in SPRO you can see that you must have assigned transaction and variant as 0300/0001. Now, if you check SPRO> Define Business transaction variant, you will see that for 0300/0001 -  SAP has made Vendor mandatory, meaning in order to split Vendor must be present in your entry else it wont split.

And in order to test, use doc type KR, and try to post an entry without vendor and the system wont split. This would be your testing. Transaction code cannot have any dependency.. No matter what t-code you use, the postings should be correct with doc type as per doc splitting configuration.

Hope I am able to explain it to you..

Regards,

Kavita

vinayakk_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi kavita,

There is a setting given by SAP, Classify doc. type for doc splitting. It means that, whenever u post any std transaction, system will check the classification of the doc type. It happens only in Doc splitting. That is the basic advantage of splitting.

When you post with tcode F-53, system will check if u have taken KZ or not?

If not then system will not allow u to post the vendor payment.

What u people are telling is possible only in classical Gl.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak

If you are so confident, then I will be the last person to say NO... I would like to learn it

But, as far as my experience goes, I concur with Kavita and Preety above... I have not seen any such customizing option in IMG and I am sure that SAP cant restrict in its own way that no other doc type than KR should be allowed for FB60... What about customers who want to use other doc types??

If i were you, I would remove the authorization for EDITING OPTIONS from all other User IDs except one or two, and HIDE the field for DOC TYPE at the time of Document entry... Thats it!!

This one small setting and you are done... This is the only setting available in Std SAP and YES, this is independent of New GL...

You may raise an OSS msg to SAP if you are confident about your belief... May be there is something which we all dont know and we can learn from this thread

Br. Ajay M

pankaj_pandey2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinayak,

The settings are related to document type assignment to Business transaction and variant.Create your varaint and assign the categories which you want to apply to your document type.

Moreover it is also related to document tyep settings which accounts are allowed for doucment. So first check the same.System will only show those docuements which are allowed for vendor posting in FB60. Also if you want not to allow any other document type in FB60 other than KR,make the settings in editing option docoument type hidden.

Hope this would help you.

Regards

Pankaj Pandey

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Create validation in document header level.

Prerequisite: SYST-TCODE

Check:BKPF-BLART(Choose document type technical name)

Messgae: E wrong document type choosen

Rgards

Dipak

vinayakk_k
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Validation is not required for Document type, once Doc splitting is on. There are N numbers of posting transaction codes, we can not go for validation for each & every Doc type.

There is a setting for the same in Doc splitting.