Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Layout: how to remove grayed-out "user-specific" option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

may kindly seek your help on how to remove the grayed-out "user-specific" option in LX17 tcode.

As can be seen in the picture below, i am able to change mine (top screen shot) while the user can't (bottom screen shot).

TIA!

regards!

Zeke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zeke, i am not sure but maybe check the authority object S_ALV_LAYO. This is used to allow a user to change the global layouts. Check if the user have the object S_ALV_LAYO with ACTVT 23. If not assign the object an test. kind regards, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

Thank you for your response.

We looked into some users who have no grayed-out problems and checked if they do have S_ALV_LAYO, unfortunately, they dont. So we assumed that its not relevant in this case...

Though i have the object set to 23, but it is under a consultant role, which should not be assigned to end users.

Thanks and regards!

Zeke

0 Kudos

Hi Ezekiel Molina,

There are two layouts available.

1) User layout (Layouts visible only for the user)

2) Global layout (Layouts visible to all users)

As told by Bernhard, global layout creation requires authorisations to object S_ALV_LAYO. If the user is having this authorisation then he can create both global layout and user layout, so the system shows an option for the user to untick 'user specific' (Scenario similar to your user id).

If user does not have authorisation to object S_ALV_LAYO, then the user can only create user specific layouts... so system greys out the option to untick user specific.

Hope this has clarified your question.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Zeke, Next step you can do, if not already happen. Activate a authority trace (ST01) for the user and ask him to run the transaction and change the layout. Check the trace for failed objects, maybe there is one which will be the cause for you problem kind regards, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

Please see sample trace which we have performed for a user that has theoption grayed-out.

Would you be able to help me find which of these are relevant?

Thanks and regards!

Zeke

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi, yes i believe you and Bernhard are correct, but when we tried to check if S_ALV_LAYO is existing in one of the users who have no issues, we found none.

Please help.

Thanks and regards!

Zeke

0 Kudos

Hello Zeke, in the trace you see the RC=12 for the object S_ALV_LAYO with ACTVT 23.

1. So please check if the user have this object in one of his assigned and valid roles.
  2. Check the user buffer of the user with SU56 if the object is in his buffer
  3. If it is not in his user buffer but in one of his valid roles, than maybe there is a problem with his user buffer. In this case one thing i do: the user should logoff --> delete all the roles from the user profile --> logon with the user and logoff again --> assign once again all his roles to his profil --> logon again --> try the transaction onece again.

If this 3 Steps don't help you can try to assign the second object which is mention in the trace with RC=12 S_ALV_LAYR. kind regards, Bernhard