cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictogram in EP 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

We have upgraded our EP from 7.02 to 7.3. While doing so we were prompted to migrate com.sap.portal.navigation.mimeservice.par to ear using our migration tool which we did and deployed on the upgraded portal.

But pictograms are not getting displayed.

The path of the images above has changed to

local/dsk/<host>/sap/<SID>/<InstanceNo>/j2ee/cluster/apps/sap.com/com.sap.portal.navigation.mimeservice/servlet_jsp/com.sap.portal.navigation.mimeservice/root/images/employee.png

(new)

from

/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.navigation.mimeservice/images/employee.png (old path of images)

We copied all the images manually from old path to the new one but still its broken.

We followed the note 1753605 but that didnt help too.

Can anyone throw some light as to whats the process of uploading images in NW7.3 version is?

Regards

Sonal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

We have found the cause of the issue and its solution.

The issue happened because after the migration we deployed com.sap.portal.navigation.mimeservice.ear which we got after migration of com.sap.portal.navigation.mimeservice.par file from old server NW 7.02. This corrupted the .ear in our new upgraded portal.

Deploying the SDA from standard SCA EPRUNTIME05_0-20010057.SCA/DEPLOYARCHIVES

fixed the issue.

Closing the thread.

Regards

Sonal

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

What version of 7.3 did you upgrade to?

later versions of 7.3 include the Web Resource Repository which holds the pictogram folder.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/51/1fcc73dba141888489f3f316b1026f/frameset.htm

Basically in the content administration >> web resource repository.

In the tree find the folder "pictograms" right click on it and upload all of the pictograms.

WRR is supposed to take care of the rest.

HTH,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saar

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Basically we have upgraded it to NW 7.4 SP 5 but I guess it should work in the same way as it is in 7.3.

The note I have mentioned in my post also talks about the same what you mentioned. We did upload a custom image in the Web resource repository but no luck.

As the relative path of the image uploaded through WRR is

com.sap.portal.resourcerepository/repo/Pictograms/employee.png

whereas the path of the images in the workset map in our case is

com.sap.portal.navigation.mimeservice/servlet_jsp/com.sap.portal.navigation.mimeservice/root/images/employee.png

which seems to be weird. Can the path of the pictograms in a workset map be changed ?

Regards

Sonal

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sonal,

The web resource repository (WRR) is now the central place for all new components to place their

resources on.

I hope this link will solve your issue:

Managing Pictograms in the Web Resource Repository - Portal - SAP Library

Best regards,

Saar