cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block billing but allow PGI?

0 Kudos

For international shipments going via vessel, we will pick parts for the order and place them on the shipping dock. These parts could be kept on the docks for 3-4 or more weeks awaiting a container and/or shipping instructions from the customer. During this time, the delivery is not PGI'd and the parts appear to be 'available' (on the delivery) without a PGI. We don't want to PGI because we don't want to invoice until the shipment has taken place. We can manually set the billing block to allow for the PGI, but it then becomes a manual process to remove the block so billing will take place.

Is anyone aware of a way to block billing based on a shipping condition or shipping location? Does anyone else have suggestions or experienced this same requirement?

Any assistance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Marla Lemon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marla,

I don’t know what tcode you use for billing but in VF04 you have, in selection screen, field shipping point. You can create a variant in which you set your shipping docks (shipping points) “not equal to”  and they want be selected. When is time to bill those deliveries, run VF04 without this variant.

You can additionally create a new tcode for VF04 with the variant you’ve created.

Regards,

JM

0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses. Since we don't want to block at order type or item type, since these are utilized for both international and domestic shipments, and since we cannot block based on shipping condition or shipping location, I believe the only way to resolve our issue will be completely manual. I will look into the user exit option (thank you G. Lakshmipathi) but since the removal is still manual, I do not believe the business will approve.

Again, thank you all for your replies.

Best regards,

Marla

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
anyone aware of a way to block billing based on a shipping condition or shipping location

Standard functionality will have Billing Block either for order type which is at header level or for item category which is at item level. There is no provision based on Shipping Condition or Shipping Location.   So with these available standard configurations, if you set any of these blocks, user has to remove this manually. From your comments, if I understood your requirement correctly, couple of shipping conditions are there and you want auto billing block only for one shipping condition.  If that is the case, then you need to go with user exit.  There again, user has to release the billing block manually.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Did you try enabling Billing Block at Order type VOV8 and Billing block is also available at Item category ?

These blocks will be useful for you i guess

regards,

santosh

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can either a Billing Block at the customer level

or

Billing block at the Order level which can be removed only by Authorized person

Former Member
0 Kudos

customer level where do you keep billing block????????

Jagdeesh

gurtej_sandhu1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdeesh,

With T-code XD05.

Regards

Gurtej