cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Notification Event' for Email Reminders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru's

I need some clarification on setting up the Email Reminders configuration within the MSMP workflow at the stages. It's my understanding that a job can be setup to run program GRFNMW_BATCH_EMAIL_REMINDER on some frequency and define the period values for different MSMP processes; however I'm confused as to what the Notification Event setting will be on the stage which will trigger the reminder. Currently the only notification events that I see available on the stages are (also see screenshot): Approved, Escalation, Forward, New_Workflow_Item, Rejected & Return.

Based on these notification events I assume that reminders will function in the same way and when an event happens (i.e. a reminder is needed to be triggered) a notification will go out to the approver at that stage. So I would expect to see a REMINDER notification event that can be selected...

Maybe I'm not understanding the setup for this, but if someone can clarify how the configuration should be set on the stages so that individuals are minded when items sit in their inbox, I would appreciate it.

I see the available template ID's for the email reminders for example GRAC_EMAILRMDR_CUP but I must associate that template with one of the 'Notification Events' and it just doesn't make sense to use any of the available events that I've listed above. I would suspect that if I did, then the email reminder template would be initiated when a new workflow item was submitted to that stage if I used the NEW_WORKFLOW_ITEM notification event. The only one that makes a little sense is escalation, but I'm not intending for the request to be escalated to any individual, but instead for the same approver to just get a basic reminder that a item is still in their Work Inbox.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

P.S. I've also already reviewed Documents "How to Customize Notification Templates for AC 10.0 Workflow" & "Customizing Workflows for Access Management" but still confused as to how to setup the configuration prior to running the jobs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor

Dear Darnell,

you can set up email reminders in a batchjob. Use program GRFNMW_BATCH_EMAIL_REMINDER.

You can also configure via SPRO > GRC > Access Control > Workflow for Access Control > Maintain Background Job for E-mail Reminders

Let me know if you need further information.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for your response. I understand that I can run the programs and initiate the jobs through SPRO, but I am unsure what needs to be added on the Stages in the MSMP workflow to trigger the notification templates to the users.

For example, there is a notification template GRAC_EMAILRMDR_CUP which has the notification text that will be sent to the user as a reminder. How is this template added in the MSMP workflow and what notification event should be used on that stage for the notification (Approved, Escalation, Forward, New_Workflow_Item, Rejected & Return)?

Or are you saying that nothing needs to be defined in the MSMP workflow at all? Would I just need to setup the email reminder batch job and the email reminder notification will go out to any agent that has an outstanding Workflow Item in their Work Inbox?

Thanks again and any additional clarification would be appreciated,

Darnell

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Darnell,

in the MSMP workflow you have to customize the template as well. Add a notification template with template id "GRAC_EMAILRMDR_CUP", message class "0MSMP_EMAILRMDR_CUP" and document object (use a Z object).

In SPRO under GRC > Access Control > Workflow for Access Control > Maintain Customer Notification Message you can add the document object.

For the batch job define a variant for your MSMP process id (I assume SAP_GRAC_ACCESS_REQUEST) and define the settings (period, reminder, template).

Let me know if you need further help.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Yes that makes sense. The original question I have is how I need to add the GRAC_EMAILRMDR_CUP template in the MSMP workflow. At stage 6 "Maintain Paths", which Notification Event do I need to associate the GRAC_EMAILRMDR_CUP template with in order for it to send it to the Agents as a reminder?

Notification Event options that I see at stage 6 are: Approved, Escalation, Forward, New_Workflow_Item, Rejected & Return.

Can you walk me through how to set this up at stage 6 so that the agents get the reminders?

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Darnell,

you dont have to associate. Just run the batch job. The batch job will trigger when requests are overdue and send to the right agent.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thank you, I will try that.

0 Kudos

Hi Darnell,

Whether the issue has been resolved after you schedule the batch job GRFNMW_BATCH_EMAIL_REMINDER and not adding any Notification Event, Template id and recepient id in the Maintain paths of the MSMP workflow configuration ? I do face the same issue. Pls mention the solution.

Thanks

Krish

Answers (0)