cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert for approval within a deadline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We have recently upgraded to SRM 7.02.  I've worked on the alert notification configuration but for some reason these messages are getting out to approvers for Shopping carts.

What I've found is the Alert notification for shopping cart approval within a deadline are being sent 24 hours after the shopping cart appears in the approvers worklist.

I have not been able to figure out how to disable these messages.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary

In SRM there is a difference in the way alerts are set for process and application controlled workflow , Can you check the link below and it should solve your issue .

For PCW :  Go to txn and follow the instrucions in the link as below

SPRO transaction -> Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Event and Event Schema for Alert Management -> Define Events

General Configuration on Approval Alerts and Notifications - Supplier Relationship Management - SCN ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vinita, I believe we are using application controlled workflow.

I've used the Event and Event Schema for Alert Management configuration and it is not working.

I will keep looking.

Thank you again,

Mary

0 Kudos

Hello Mary,

See transaction SO16. I guess it will help.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SI/Transaction+SO16+Shared+Office+Settings

Regards,

Arun

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SE12
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Enter the following customising path :

SAP Supplier Relationship Management ->
SRM Server ->
Cross-Application Basic Settings ->
Event and Event Schema for Alert Management ->
Define Event Schema ->
Select Shopping Cart and then click on Event Schema ->
Select Shopping Cart and then click on Event Control ->
If there is a number, for example 24, maintained in the column 'Event Deadline in Hours', then please delete this number from the following events, or the relevant event :

WF_APPR_LATEST_END

WF_APPR_LATEST_START

WF_APPR_REQUESTED_END

WF_COMPL_LATEST_START

WF_COMPL_REQUESTED_END

WF_COMPL_REQUESTED_END

This should prevent this mail from being sent.

Kind regards,

Siobhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siobhan,

Thank you for your reply, I looked at the event schema and unfortunately all of the Event Deadlines are zero (0).

I am still checking on the BADis that Vinita suggested.  Once I figure out what is happening I will post the solution.

Best regards,

Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your assistance.  I looked at everything that you suggested but unfortunately I'm still in the same pattern.

The odd thing is this behavior is only happening in our Production environment, it did happen in our Development and QA clients but has since stopped.  It may be some configuration that I was working on but I can't seem to see any differences.

I will continue to look.  We recently upgraded from SRM 7.0 to SRM 7.02 and I have found additional event schemas that did not exist in SRM 7.0.  I'm not sure if these are causing the problem, but I am still investigating.  This is not a critical issue but it is an annoyance that effects approximately 1,000 customers here.

Best regards,

Mary

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also mary did you try the BADi and methods listed in the link ?

"There is the BaDI BBP_ALERTING. With its interface method   IF_EX_BBP_ALERTING_BADI ~BBP_EVENTS_DET_RECIPIENTS  you can add additional recipients or change the recipients for a certain event.

The BaDI also has another method IF_EX_BBP_ALERTING_BADI~BBP_EVENTS_DET_CLASS_NAME.

Here  you can define a custom class which must be a subclass of CL_BBP_MESSAGE_CREATE.

This message class is used to call smartforms. By default, the class would call the smartform "BBP_OUT_EXCEPTION". You can redefine that in method DETERMINE_FORM_AND_PARAMS and define your custom smartform and any parameters that you need to pass to the smartform."