cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Status Profile Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.....

Can anyone help me understand if the SAP allows to change the user status profile of an existing functional location? I have a functional location and it has an existing user status profile assigned. Now I need to assign a new user status profile to this functional location. This new status profile has different statuses then the old one. I have removed all the active status from the functional location but am still unable to modify the status profile via IL02. Also, the user status profile is in grey mode in transaction IL02. I think there is some authorization object based on which we can modify that field into editable mode. Kindly let me know your inputs.

Thanks

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vinay,

I've never tried this before - but have a look at OSS Note 1575716 

If you try it, let us know how it went.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete -

This note is applicable for Release 702 Until SAPKA70208 , and we are on Release 702, SAPKA70211. But the system still doesn't allow us to do status profile change.

Thanks.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you do all 3 steps outlined in the OSS Note:

1. Implement the program corrections.
  2. Also note the manual post-implementation steps.
  3. In Customizing transaction OBA5, define how message BS 320 is to be handled. By default, this is an error message; if user statuses for the previous status profile were already active, the status profile cannot be changed as a result. In OBA5, you can set the message to "S", "I or "W" in the dialog, either in general or in a user-specific way.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I did.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The two steps are already implemented. I did the 3rd one. The issue is that the field 'Status Profile' is not editable at all, so how am I suppose to try to change and see any of the error message. Is this action possible only via some function module?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi....

The solution for the problem is SAP OSS Note 1575716. Once this note is implemented (all three steps) or in case you are at higher version than this note is implemented -

then one needs to write the below mentioned code

STSMA_ALWAYS_CHANGABLE = 'X'

in the enhancement point of the standard function module STATUS_MAINTAIN. Once this is done the field Status Profile becomes editable for technical objects and if you will try to change the system will throw you message based on how you have set it. Hope this helps everyone.

Thanks.

Vinay

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Vinay,

You are not able to change the User Status profile for existing Functional Locations. And if you change it in configuration, it will only apply to newly created Functional Location, not retroactively.

You may need to amend the old User Status profile to accommodate your needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vinay,

It is standard process that once assigned, you cannot remove and assign another user status profile.

Even if you remove the user status profile from the technical object category, old assigned status profile will remain there.

Regards,

VINOD.V

former_member209020
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

If you remove the existing user status for the functional location , you cannot accesses that once. If you are assigning the new status then the functionality will be available with the new once which you are going to create from no onward s.