cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error linking a Portfolio Item with cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am customizing SAP Portfolio Management for the first time and I am getting an error when I try to link a Portfolio Item with cProjects.

First, I've tried creating a project in cProjects and then linking it to a Portfolio Item. To do so I have done Portfolio Management --> Overview --> Portfolio Items, then select the desired portfolio item already created, and once it is opened, I've gone to tab Relationships --> Related objects.

When I click on Related objects I get the following error:

500 SAP Internal Server Error

ERROR: The ASSERT condition was violated.

(termination: RABAX_STATE)

Next, I've tried creating the project from the Portfolio Item. To do so, I've created a new portfolio Item and in the General Information tab selected "Create Project on Saving". The thing is that it doesn't let me choose any of the templates I've already created and when I Save and Close the portfolio Item no project has been created.

Are there any customizing settings that must be carried out before linking portfolio items and projects? Any advise on how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Mikel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mikel

Do you still have this issue? If so,

Can you check and confirm the following:

1. Your Item Type Configuration:

• Which setting did you specify for "Link to Project System"? Portfolio Management or Project System?

2. The templates that you mention, have you:

• Created Item as well as cProject templates, AND
  • Have you associated these templates in configuration under "Map Item Template to Project Template or PS Project". In this setting, have you then mapped Item Decision Points to cProject Phases?

Can you answer these 2 questions and then we can take the next steps?

Regards

Chatsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

Thank you for your answer.

Here are the answers for your questiones:

1. In the Item Type configuration I have selected Portfolio and Project Management.

2. I have not created any Item template, what I've done is mapping Item type to Project Template in the "Map Item type to Project or PS" IMG. I'll create a portfolio Item template today and try to map Item template to project template afterwards.

I'll let you know what is the outcome.

Regards,

Mikel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikel

Great...happy with answer to 1 as it is correct in the context of your initial explanation

Yes, do that mapping in point 2 and revert once you have tested. We will then take it from there if it still does not work

Regards

C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

I've just created and activated a portfolio item template.

However, when I try linking a new portfolio Item to an existing project (Relationships --> Related objects) I still get the same error as before:

500 SAP Internal Server Error

ERROR: The ASSERT condition was violated.

(termination: RABAX_STATE)

I've also tried creating a new portfolio Item. In the General Information tab now I can choose the existing Project Management template. I've selected a Project template and "Create Project on Saving", but when I go to the Project Management tab in the main menu I cannot find any new projects created based on the Portfolio Item.

Is this the normal behaviour?

Regards,

Mikel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mikel

This is not normal behaviour. Please confirm:

You have created an Item template and you have mapped your Item template to your cProject template. AND you have mapped all decision points of the Item template to the phases on the cProject template. Correct? You can confirm the mapping by going back into your Item template - you shouls see that the lifecycle MUST display phases and decision points - i.e. each decision point that you mapped to a phase is displayed in your template?

When you create an Item, you select Item Template NOT Item type (YOU CAN STILL SELECT ITEM TYPE BUT FOR THIS TEST PLEASE USE ITEM TEMPLATE). In the 'General Information'tab your correct template should default (not need to change it). When you click save the cProject will be created and you will see your lifecycle display as Phase --> DP --> Phase --> DP, etc

If this still does not work let me know - we then need to check other settings. I am assuming you have configured Item type, project type, phase type etc all correctly.

Also, which PPM version and SP level are you on?

Thanks

Chatsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth,

At last I got the link working correctly!!! Thanks a lot!

It works creating an item from a template and also selecting an item type.

Regards,

Mikel

Answers (0)