cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME Scripts installation to be done on NW server or WIP+ODS server?

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

In our development landscape, we have ME 6.1 on two server architecture.

Server 1 - WIP and ODS DBs

Server 2 - NW 7.31 with MECTC add-on

Our functional team got back to us saying that ODS scripts have to be scheduled.

Now i figured that by extracting, sapmescripts.sar file i can get the *.bat files.

In installation document, it is mentioned that the system in which we are installing the ME scripts, we need SAP JVM 6.1 and this is to be done separately from the NW server.

1. So in my case ME Scripts installation(lmauto.bat) should be done in the server where WIP+ODS are installed?
  2. Does this mean that ODS scripts(like ETL) are automatically scheduled after the ME client installation?
  3. If not, then what is the need for ME scripts installation?
  4. How do deduce the start times for the ODS scripts, so that we can set them up in task scheduler?

Thanks

Nanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nanda

It's not essential to run any of the ODS scripts. It depends on your business requirements.

1. the scripts are to be installed ont he NW server

2. they are not automatically scheduled

3. the installation just installs the raw scripts - you need to decide which scripts are needed and schedule them

4. this is up to you, and the business. It makes sense to run these when production activity is reduced, but their frequency will depend on business requirements and data volumes.

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Stuart,

Thanks for your reply.

If I already have the *.bat (by extracting sapmescripts.sar), i can schedule them directly using Windows task scheduler, right?

Can i skip the ME scripts installation part?

Thanks

Nanda

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No you can't as installation wizard collects information about your environment(connection parameters, DB username/passwords etc) and adds this information to scripts.

Follow installation guide precisely.

Br,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, just schedule the .bat files, as required. But you need to use the installer as Konstantin says - the connection details are encrypted in a file for the batch jobs to use.

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for such a quick response KC.

Thanks a lot.

Nanda

Answers (0)