cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG ERP Customer UI / ERP Vendor UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement based on the MDG implementation strategy for a specific customer in order to use the ERP Customer and ERP Vendor UI.

Based on Customer and Vendor config guides I have imported only the ERP UIs as a alternative to Customer/Vendor UIs, after importing and trying to understand the model I got some questions:

1) After importing the specific change requests types for ERP UIs is there any additional step must be done?

2) If all configuration is done what are the steps to create a request based on ERP UI? Is there any search screen based on Vendor ERP UI?

3) Would be possible to create a link at MDG landing page (TC: LPD_CUT) for example to create a customer based on ERP UI without specifying if it is a Person, organization or group selected in the Supplier/Customer search screen?

4) Do I also need to import the Supplier UI or Customer UI to be able to work with the ERP UIs for Customer and Vendor?

I tried to find more info regarding the ERP UI but I cannot find so much information so far.

Thank you for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Fabiano,

Those are a lot of questions

Here are some of the answers that come to mind...

1) You will have to enable the Post Office Processing in order to use and save the Customers/Vendors into their actual tables. If you followed the steps in the MDGIMG documentation and the PDF file that SAP provides you would have a pretty good understanding already. Another thing you may have to do is to extend the data model and the underlying ECC tables with new fields (based on your requirements), this would also imply adding these fields to your UI.

2) You can use the NWBC or a Portal to expose the UI. You'll need to import the role to the portal if you decide to go that way. An easy way to start the UI from the backend is to create a Favorite of type WebDynpro Application and specify the configuration you want to run.

In the case of Lean ERP Vendor UI this would be BS_OVP_BP with configuration BS_OVP_SP_LVC

In the case of ERP Customer UI this would be BS_OVP_BP with configuration BS_OVP_CU_CL

3) By default, when you use the simplified versions like ERP Customer UI and Lean ERP Vendor Create UI you don't have to specify if it's a Person or Organization, etc...

4) You don't have to do that, in fact it might mess things up. I think in the documentation it was mentioned that you have to choose one and stick to it.

Hope that helps you get started.

Regards,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

Regarding question two I was able to see and start a process based on the change request ERP UIs as you mentioned, I also was able to create an additional link on the MDG landingpage to directy open the customer creation screen based

Just one more question Boris regarding the Customer ERP UIs.

I imported just the ERP Customer UI Change Request Types(CUSTL1P1) into MDGIMG since the config guide recommends to use just one of them. When I try to create a change request from the Customer Search screen I got the following error message: No change request types available for business activity.

Do I need to import the standard UI to be able to create customers from the search screen?

Thank you for all information provided and for your time.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Fabiano You dont need to import the standard UI as it will not solve your issue.

Check weather the related business activity- CLP1 is already imported into the system and check weather it is linked with the Change Request Types(CUSTL1P1).

If business activity- CLP1 is not present then imported as you have done in the case of Change Request Types(CUSTL1P1).

Regards,

Ibrahim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

The business activity CLP1 is already imported and also linked to the change request type and the problem is still occurring.

Analyzing this error I think it is related to the options I have in the search screen to create a customer. The customer search It's different for example from the supplier lean screen which allow me to have a button to directly create ERP vendor, but in the customer search screen I just have the BP options in order to create person, organization or group, and I think that these options are related to the standard UI change request types the CUST1P1 that I didn't imported to the system.

For change request type CUSTL1P1 (ERP Customer) should I have any different specific link on the customer search screen to directly create a customer from there based?

Kind Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabiano,

Yes you are right through the customer search screen you will be able to create standard UI change request types the CUST1P1 only.

If you want to create ERP Customer(change request type CUSTL1P1) then dont use customer search screen instead create a favorite of type WebDynpro Application in the backend system ie

Add the following WebDynpro application to your favorites in SAP Easy Access menu in backend system:

WebDynpro Application: BS_OVP_BP

Application Configuration: BS_OVP_CU_CL

Double click on the favorite entry to start ERP Customer UI specific application.

Go to ‘Search ERP Customer’ screen and click on button ‘Create ERP Customer’.

Now ERP Customer Change Request types-CUSTL1P1 has to be chosen in the CR type Popup.

Thanks and Regards,

Ibrahim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

I got it now! I was able to open the ERP UI based search screen.

Boris also mentioned in the first topic about the WD configuration ID and I didn't noticed to do the same setup for the search, I did for customer creation adding a parameter 'CREATE' to configuration.

Thank you experts for the helpful information.

Kind Regards!

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Fabiano,

we facing the similar issue with CUSTL2P1,CUSTL5P1,CUSTL6P1 and not able to see the CR types from NWBC any pointer to this.

Regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim

But original issue which is UI does not show search screen for Vendor/Customer in NWBC remains as it is. It is possible with your workaround ( Create favioutes for Creat Vender/Customer with WDA and CI as you mentioned)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please note that the predefined SAP menu roles are bound to the customer & supplier UIs. If you want to use the customer like or vendor like UIs, you need to adapt the menu roles as well.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal

Which parameter we have to upchange to display Vendor Like UI in adapted role?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal

I heard about role based UI's for Vendor and Customer for MDG7.0p SP02.

Means requestor can sumbit creation request only specifying organizational units (No details will be provided) through Lean Request and role based reviewer then view only company code data in case of MDGS/C or  Sales Data for MDGc or Procurement Data for MDGS.

Can you share role name please for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Please find the roles for lean requester and vendor/customer like UI.

1. To use the lean vendor request UI the menu role is = SAP_MDGS_LVC_MENU_04, Master Data Governance for Supplier: Lean Requester Menu.

2. SAP_MDGS_LVC_REQ_04 =Master Data Governance for Supplier (Lean Request UI): Requester

3. To use the lean customer request UI the menu role is =SAP_MDGC_LCC_MENU_04,Master Data Governance for Customer (Lean Request UI): Menu

4.SAP_MDGC_LCC_REQ_04 = Master Data Governance for Customer (Lean Request UI): Requester

5. To use the ERP vendor UI assign the role SAP_MDGS_VL_MENU_04,

Master Data Governance for Supplier (ERP Vendor UI): Menu

6. To use the ERP Customer UI assign the role SAP_MDGC_CL_MENU_04,

Master Data Governance for Customer (ERP Customer UI): Menu.

Regards,

Ibrahim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

If it is has lead to resolve of the issue then please close this thread and for other details please open a new thread as this was already dealing with another issue. So not to jumble both the issues together i would suggest you to close this and start posting other related issue in new thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Ibrahim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim

Sure. I will follow in future.

Answers (0)