Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scroll bars for a table in a popup

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hiya,

I have a looong table (around 50 columns) that appears in a popup.

If the user wants to scroll up/down they need to scroll across to the end of the popup before they can access the scroll bar for the table.

Maybe this screen shot will explain what I mean:

It would be nice if they could scroll up and down without having to scroll across the popup.

Does anyone know how I could have scroll up/down for table that wouldn't go off the screen?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I tried limiting the size of the tranparent container:

But the scroll bar for the horizintal scrollbar for the table doesn't exist - just for the pop-up:

Would anyone know how I get a horizontal scrollbar for the table?

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe that the horizontal scrollbar of table will be inside the container( which you can see when you go till end of table. So, increase the container height or limit the number of visible rows to be able to see the scrollbar.

Also use width/ height property in px (fixed) instead of % in this case.

Regards,

Kiran

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

I Managed to do it by using this:

and the ouput looks like this:

The scrollbar for the popup is no longer there and the table has both a horizonatal and vertical scroll.

I hope I'm using this option correctly..?

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yep.. looks fine.. I think this is what you expected! now users need not scroll till the end of screen.

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member5006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use scrollable colcount  option in table  ..

id you set 10 for scrollable colcont you will not get scrolling . in popup according to requirement.

the output is displayed with 10 fields . in output of table below the table data u will get scrolling options instead of getting in browser.

this is the output in browser

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a Transparent Container UI/ Group UI element and place your table inside the container/group. Then set width to the container/group so that users don't have to go to the end of popup.

OR, instead of scroll bar for up/down, use paginator for table.

hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

former_member195355
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Kiran.

I had already placed the table in a transparent container but are you saying I should restrict the width?

What value would you recommend?

Also what is pagination and how would I activate it? Would you know?

Thanks again.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use paginator, you will get up/down buttons in the footer of table instead of verticle scrollbar as shown below:

To activate pagination use the application parameter WDTABLENAVIGATION and pass value PAGINATOR

URL Parameters and Application Parameters - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

Regards,

Kiran