cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise service generation from ABAP Function module fails activation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

we've recently upgraded to the latest banking solution, which is an ABAP application running off WAS 7.10.

Generating a web service based on a function module was not a problem before using the relevant wizard. On the latest version 7.10 of WAS the wizard has been slightly extended in terms of its functionality. The generation also works fine. However, when trying to activate the generated Enterprise Service in se80, the activation fails with an unusable error message.

Has anybody come across this issue?

Pls. advise.

Thanx a mil.

Rene Funke (SAP Africa)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think currently the system is not stable, I met the same issue before. And I tried to delete the web service definitation and re-generation, all can't work.

But after I gave up for some day, and I want to have another try, all works fine. I guess because some one restart the system or fix some problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

7.10??? Wow. Try report SRT_CREATE_RUNTIME_CONFIG.

regards, anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Anton,

however, in my opionion, all the development and runtime objects have been created by the wizard. Why would I have to run the report on top of it?

Regards,

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rene,

I think, currently no service endpoint is created by the wizard. it's supposed to be created by means of the successor of tx wsadmin and currently there's the possibility to use the workaround report mentioned.

at least that is how I understand the issue.

regards,

anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

makes sense what you are saying. I am working on the mentioned successor transaction WSADMIN2. It however takes you to alias /nwa of a J2EE server. This I managed to do. From there on I am a bit lost as no documenation exist.

Will continue looking for info and if all else fails try the report of your, which interestingly does not exist in a WAS 7.00 system

Regards,

Rene