Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Directory - Duplicate Nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Solman Experts,

Need your expert advice.

We had 2 back to back projects that used the same business process (sub-process) and steps(tasks). There were new document types and test cases added.

However, now, we see the node for the business process is being duplicated under the solution directory. I see 2 nodes with the same description in solman_directory but each with different content - one from first project, the other from the second project.

Can you please advise on how to prevent this in future and how to fix this? We need all the nodes, config etc, to roll back into the same node in solution directory, to help sustainment team.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Salai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salai, This is because you using to different projects and this nodes have own GUID's. If dont want do duplicate this but to collect all in one place use Compare and Adjust( for Implementation projects ) and Check in / out for Maintenance projects. The scenario is: all business process in projects must come from one source Template project or Solution and then you can adjust this with Solution via maintenance Check in/out or via C&A directly.

C&A - link https://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/f3/1bc1a1a0926a41843a8a08544dd27b/content.htm

Check In/Out - link Checking Out/Checking In Business Processes - SAP Documentation

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Daniyar! That helped a lot.

I tried to create a template project and an implementation project from the template. It worked well.

But however, I could not find out how to "adjust" the project with the solution. Could you share the transaction code for the the same please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Daniyar, never mind. I was doing it wrong I thinks. I did not choose any business scenarios from the solution. that's why my C&A was showing only the template and not the solution.

So, when we close the project, do all the new nodes get added to the solution automatically? Or do we have to run a separate process to do so?

Also, when I add a node from a solution to the project, do I need to run c&a to bring in the related document?

Salai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salai,

So, when we close the project, do all the new nodes get added to the solution

No, for this you need to run C&A for Implementation/Template/Upgrade projects and Check in / out for Maintenance projects with Solution.

Also, when I add a node from a solution to the project, do I need to run c&a to bring in the related document? 

When you firstly add this node from Solution to Project data will be copied, for documents there is copy options.

But when you changed any data in Solution Node and want to update this to Project, C&A need to be runned from Project.

Always run C&A  from object where you want to see Delta's.

Rg Dan.

Answers (0)