cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem changing notifications because of missing priority (xMAM 3.0)

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem. I can create notifications on my client using the priorities. But after replicating the client and trying to change the notification, no priority appears and I'm not able to change the notification.

Does anyone have a solution for it?

Regards,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple change, big result!

In "Determine Notification Processing" on the backend, you have to change the "Ref.Object Display" to value "Functional Location + Equipment + Material + Serial Number". After next synchronization the priority option within the notification is availiable.

Regards,

Florian

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

you have got me hooked on this problem: I know for sure that there is absolutely no relationship between notification priority and technical object(s) it refers.

When I saw your solution I got even more intrigued and looked in the code (and understood in the process why I could not reproduced your problem before).

This is actually a bug in a code. "Reference object display" serves a purpose of hiding some fields when you create notification. Most of the time notification either references equipment or materialserial number (because equipment is materialserial number it makes generally no sense to enter both of them at the same time).

So your soultion is kinda work around and not really a fix - because as I said there is a bug in the code.

Here is what happens (and you can see it in class com.sap.mbs.mam.notification.impl.NotificationCustomControllerImpl method processCustomizingNotifEdit.

In this method first a list of notifications availbale for create is formed (and it is based on "reference object display"). With your conditions - list becomes empty. Filling priorities is, unfortunately, then never reached because it is inside the if statement {if notiftypelist not empty}.

This is definitely a bug in the code.

Cheers,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I need to clarify with the terminologies being used in the threads:

Replication: This means sending data from the Backend to the MI server.

Synchronisation: This means sending data from the client and as well as requesting data from the client.

I guess you are using the terminologies interchangably and this might be confusing while anwering. And in this thread i think you mean Synchronisation of the client with the MI server.

Thanks..,.

Preetham S

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

yes, you're right.

I have some more details for you. If no equipment is used within the notification, it works just fine and you can change the priority.

But if you enter an equipment and synchronizr the notification, you can't choose a priority in edit mode anymore (field is empty).

The same if you create a notification on the backend with an equipment and synchronize this one to the client.

Regards,

Florian

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

I still don't have an idea on how to get this working. The priorities are replicated to the client and also shown in the notification overview but not in change mode.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Florain

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

is noone here to help solving this problem?

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

isn't anyone able to help solving that problem?

THX in advance!

Florian

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

addition 2:

If a notification is created on the client and transfered to the backend the priority is shown at the details of the notification. But if the notification is changed on the client the selection field for the priority is empty and so the notification can't be saved.

Regards,

Florian

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I tried to reproduce your problem with MAM30 SR3 (standard version, no enhancement) and was not able to reproduce your issue.

Priorities are not connected to technical object for notification at all.

It does sound like a bug to me.

Did you do any enhancements?

Can't help more. Sorry.

Cheers,

Larissa

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

this is strange. I didn't do any enhancements, just standard xMAM 3.0 SR3.

I also only use an equipment without connection to a technical object.

The standard priorities "SM" are conntected to the standard notification "S1".

On the details view of the notification the right priority is shown, but if you got to change mode, the field is empty.

Any further suggestions?

Regards,

Florian

florianbus
Contributor
0 Kudos

addition:

If I create the notification without an equipment the priorities appear in the dropdown box. If I add an equipment the priorities are gone and the notification is not changeable.