cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI4 Platform Search application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on BI4 platform. Recently we found that PlatformSearchData folder in the server consumes a lot of disk space(the application used 15gb disk space).

We are using default settings for current system. Im reading some suggestions from SAP community and BOB forum. I can rebuilt index and custermise settings to free some space.

The problem I have now is when I go to CMC->applications>Platform Search Application and right click properties. It took long time to load the properties page(I waited around 30mins, it still showed loading).

my first question is why it takes so long time to load the properties page(is it because scanning all indexes in the folder)?

second question is can I go the acutall folder(PlatformSearchData ->Backup or Lucene Index Engine to delete the files)?

Thanks in advance.

Youqin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the useful notes.  I looked into note 1932005, it suggested to login to CMC -> Platform Search Application and stop the indexing and click on Save and Close.

The main issue im facing now is I couldn't get Platform Search Application Properties page loaded.

so the steps descriped on note 1932005 is first to stop the indexing and second to delete the content in data folder in server.

Could I delete BOXI server data folder content first?

if i delete the server data folder content first, will it help to get Properties page loaded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had released around 14gb space by doing following steps:

1. stopped APS

2.deleted BOXI server PlatformSearchData folder under <InstallDirectory>\SAP BUsinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data

3. start APS

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The properties page take long time because of some deadlocks that may occur.

Follow the steps in note 1726392 - Number of Indexed Documents always 0 in Platform Search
Application
to unlock the deadlocks.

The note 1640934 - How to safely use Platform Search Service in BI 4.0
without overloading the server?
would help you further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your helpful answer. on note 1640934 sugguests to create a new APS for Platform Search Service, for this action, will it automatically delete the BOXI server data folder content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you need not create a new folder. data folder is updated with the platform management service, and note it does not have a specific configuration property.

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you got any chance to check Simone's excellent blog here on Platform search optimization.

What is the optimal configuration for Platform Search in BI4.x?