cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria > Limit # of Devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a business requirement to limit the # of devices that an Employee can register with our BYOD policy.  Unfortunately, Afaria doesn't have this capability yet.  Have others ran into this issue?  If yes, then how did you solve it?  Other competing MDM products have this feature.

Thx, John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rpanneel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

As far as I know Afaria doesn't have this option.

A possible solution might be:

Enrolling the device in a group (devices not yet approved). And create a C# batch-program which will call the Afaria API's to check how many devices a specific user has in the system. If it is less then the threshold then you can approve the device via the API's otherwise you'll delete them or keep them in the non approved group (for reporting purposes).

At a customer we did something similar (we needed do add the MAC-address to the allowed list of the WiFi), but this is all custom code. So you will have your work cut out for you.

I don't know if SP4 provides this functionality out of the box, but I'm afraid that it does not offer this (yet).

Kind Regards,

Robin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have an option under Server>configuration>security, to automatically approve a device. Uncheck that option. That will require an Afaria admin to approve a devices trying to connect.

- Midhun VP