cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Content Server - DMS and C-folder installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have freshly installed SAP ECC EHP6 system on RHEL 6.0 and we have a requirement to install SAP Content server and Cfolder as well which we are completely new to.

Could someone please assist us on the below queries :

• We are planning to install content server on Windows 2008, can we install Cfolder also on the same box or do we need to provision a separate server for c-folder also ? If yes how can this can be justified ?
  • In service marketplace we could find guides for Content Server 6.40 on NW 2004S and C-folder 4.5 on NW 7.0, but finding difficulty to figure out the latest versions which would run on ECC6 EHP6. Is that like newer versions are included in any other package ?
  • Need assistance in understanding where in Service Market Place we can find the software and installation guides for Content Server/C-Folder and hardware required for it.

Many Thanks in Advance !!!

Regards,

Sri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

Download the following dvd images form market place.

50113858_2   - content server

51043840_13 - SAP Installation amster

5*_3b - maxdb(the label comes with 5-------_3 not sure about the digits before _3)

Make sure you notice the versions for each software
Content Server(CS) latest Release Version is 6.4.

Max DB versions 7.6/7.7/7.8 are available at market place but please note that

CS 6.4 is best compatible with MaxDB 7.6.
CS6.4 is not officially released with MaxDB7.8(please dont use MaxDB7.8 with CS 6.4, you get lot of errors during configuration even after successful installation)

Content Server is installed via SAP installation Master.
before installing the Content Server, you must follow some pre- requisites.

Make sure you installed MaxDB and created instance for database succesfuly before CS installation starts.

The following link will help you a lot in this process

http://sapnw-professional.blogspot.in/2013/10/sap-document-management-system-dms.html

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebin,

Thanks a lot.. that was very helpful !!!

We could not find SAP installation master in SMP, I believe currently we have SWPM which serves the purpose. One concerns is do we need to use Content server installation option under NW 7.0 SR3 or BS 7i 20011- ECC 6.0 EHP6 ?

Thanks in Advance !!!

Regards,

Srikanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,
I am really sorry that i never used SWPM,
Though, i guess the following link would help you.

but i think, you should go with SAP Netweaver7.0 support release 3.
( With SAP installation master, i could find the same on its tittle bar, see the below pic)

Though i am not sure, with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

incase if you find SAP installation master and trying to run it, please dont forget to install java and set the path in system level.

as a pre requisite, download jdk1.7 and install it, make sure you set the 'PATH' globally/system level.  since, SAP Installation master requires JRE.
JRE(Java Runtime Environment) comes with jdk, so better download jdk1.7 . (1.7 is the latest version i guess)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Check your connection in OCA0 tcode->select your repository->check for test connection & send certificate.

For the issue you can also refer Open Documents in transaction CV04N | SCN 

&

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we are able to write in our system temp folder. We have tried using CV01N

and CV03N transactions for respective operations as suggested by you, but getting the same error message as displayed below -

Also test connection is working fine and we are abhle to send the certificate without any error.

Couldn't reach to the root cause.

Can you please suggest further required action ?

Thanks and Regards,

Srikanth

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Please share while creation content repo which document area & storage type you opted.Please share the screenshot for same.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please find the below :

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Could you please let us know where is the original file stored in CS after is saved in CV01N?

I suspect if it is not able to retrieve it from the CS when trying to make a local copy to front end.

Please advice.

Regards,

Srikanth G

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

For your query

Could you please let us know where is the original file stored in CS after is saved in CV01N?

I suggest you to go through with link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/05/2d647d1f549149b6e4536b4c1899f5/content.htm

This link is very useful for complete configuration of SAP Content Server.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Continuing to the above query... We have setup Content Server on AWS but cannot see any traces of files on the same... Can someone please mention where is the original file stored in CS after is saved in CV01N ??

Regards.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Please find the link below to download the pdf.

SAP Content Server Installation Instructions for Windows Server 2008 : Archive Any

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

We have reinstalled the CS and now in CSADMIN we  could see the status of the Content Repository as running. However, our DMS consultant has created some test document in CV04n and stored in Content Server and when trying to retrieve the same from CV04n it it throws the below error :

Could you please help us on this ? I believe there is problem in fetching the document from CS.

Initially when the document has been stored in CS in which physical  location is the document stored in the CS ? I tried checking in all the folders in CS but couldn't find anything as such.

Thanks !!!

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Please confirm for below:

1.Are you able to write anything under your system temp folder ?

2.Have you created doc from tranx CV01N ?

3.Apart from doc (document type) what are the other document types you maintained.Try to upload any *.pdf document from the system & use CV03N to view the same.

4.Click on view icon to view the saved document.After that share the results again.

Thanks,

Gaurav

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SriKanth,

Please share knldiag log file from the system.Is any process named kernel.exe is running under Task Manager ?

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

We have formated the server and trying to reinstall. The document which you have shared earlier is not accessible now, could you please share it again.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Regards,

Srikanth G

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Have you used " @ " under any password for the MaxDB database ? Please share if used.Also share Database Manager version .

Thanks,

Gaurav

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

There should be a service named SAPDB : DMD present under services.msc .For you reference please find image as below:

In your case it would be SAPDB : DMD and mandatory under running conditions . If not present than it could be the issue with installation.Try to search out mentioned service.

Also please share diagnose log files from your CS Max DB --->Instance ----> Check ----> Diagnosis Files.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Could see the below error :

"Catalog update failed,IFR_ERROR=-8,DESCRIPTION=POS(1) Execution failed, parse again"

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

As you are facing issue with sending of certificate,sometimes this could be related with the installation of component webDAV.

So in regard i suggest you to try to disable/uninstall webDAV from the role services under windows server 2008 R2.For disabling you can refer link http://www.iis.net/learn/install/installing-publishing-technologies/installing-and-configuring-webda...

After disabling try to send certificate again.Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the valuable inputs, we are able to send the certificate now after disabling webDAV. However when we are trying to start the Content Repository from CSADMIN to change its status from defined to running  we are getting the below error :

We have also defined parameter driver = MaxDB in the settigns tab but no luck.

I  believe there is an issue with the MaxDB installation. In DBM it shows the DB as online  but returns the below error when any option clicked and also not showing any Data,log or session information.

We also tried registering ODBC driver but it throws an error :

We are currently clueless what went wrong. Is there any mandatory step missed for MaxDB installation. We just ran sapinst for CS installation along with DB instance creation apart from that no extra steps performed related MaxDB. Please assist us.

Thanks in Advance !!!

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Could you please elaborate steps you performed while creation of  Repository in CSADMIN & post performed activities after this transaction.

Have you done any database related activities on the MaxDB ,please share if any as per logs it's related with database.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Below are the activities done :

1. Downloaded the CS 640 and MAXDB 7.6 software and started the installation using SWPM.
  2. Used the option install Content Server and Install DB instance options only (didn't check for cache server)
  3. Once the installation completed checked the Content server status using the link "http://<hostname>:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo" which returned as running.
  4. In ECC went to transaction OAC0 - created the Content Repository
  5. Tested the  connection and sent the certificate.
  6. Clicked on CS Admin
  7. Disabled WebDAV, ran the below commands on server where CS is installed :
  • Icacls * /grant NETWORKSERVICE:F
  • Icacls sql*.dll /grant NETWORKSERVICE:F
  • odbcreg LiveCache -i -p X:\sapdb\programs\pgm

8. Tried to start the content repository from details tab and ended up with the earlier mentioned error.

From DB side no other activities have been performed.

Please help.

Regards,

Srikanth G

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I'm sharing a link to download a doc named SAP Content Server on Windows Server 2008 Install Guide with you,please recheck your every step as according to the pdf doc.Hope this document will help you in resolvent of your issue.

SAP Content Server Installation Instructions for Windows Server 2008 : Archive Any

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

Could you share screen shot from IIS whether SAPContentServer and SAPCacheServer web applications exists.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Please find the below :

Thanks !!

Regards,

Srikanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for sharing the document. The only difference I could find in the installation is in locating the Software package for MaxDB RDBMS in Step 11 of your document where you have pointed to SDBINST.EXE file whereas we pointed to LABEL.ASC file, I believe this shouldn't be an issue.

And also when we tried to register the ODBC driver it throws an error.

Could you please let us know if there are any challenges in uninstalling and installing it from scratch ?

What is the procedure to uninstall CS and MaxDB ?

Please advice.

Thanks !!

Regards,

Srikanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

though a tool is provided to uninstall the whole components of CS  and MaxDB from your server ,

for uninstalling, you may refer following  notes :
572836 - Deleting the SAP DB registry and service entries
599129 - Uninstalling SAP MaxDB/SAP DB software using SDBUNINST

But,  i dont think uninstalling a good idea (from my experience). if your server is fresh and contains only MaxDB and CS, better go for a complete Format option.

before thinking of uninstalling or formatting, you may also check if the services MaxDB and SAPDB Instances are running or not.

goto RUN-> cmd
services.msc

check if the MaxDB instance and SAPDB instance are in running status and according to the requirement you may make it as 'Manual' or Automatical' so that you dont have to start it again when server restarts

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebin,

Service MaxDB is in Started status however unable to find any service as SAPDB.

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.
SAPDB in the sense, the name of the instance you have given during installaion of CS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,
finished installation? can you please share what you just did?
it might be helpful to others also

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebin,

We have recently completed the CS installation on Winodws 2008 R2 with IIS 7.

• Installed only Content Server along with DB Instance Option.
  • And the URL http://<hostname>:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo has also returned the status as running.
  • Went to OAC0 in ECC system and created a Content Repository
  • When tried to send a certificate it throws "http error : 405 Method Not Allowed" ???
  • In CS Admin -> Certificates it says "http error:400 (Bad Request) "Missing Parameter: contRep"

Did I miss any configuration that needs to be done in ECC or CS prior to this ?

Please help..

Many Thanks !!

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please uninstall WebDav IIS Role in IIS 7 & try again.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

• Used the latest saphttp file as well..
  • Checked the SAPHTTP RFC in SM59 with the below Technical settings and connection test is also successful

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srikanth,

There is a mistake here.

The technical settings of SAPHTTP is wrong.

SAPHTTP should always point to " Start on Front-End Work Station " , but in the above screenshot it is pointing to " Start on Application Server " . There is different destination maintained for " Start on Application Server "  which is SAPHTTPA.

Please correct this. Since the settings is like this, i think you should be facing difficulties in downloading and uploading the files and some other problems too.

Thanks & Regards,

Manu.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

As said by Manu,try to change it to start on front-end work station from start on application server and upload new doc from CV01n & test view through CV03n.

Regards,

Gaurav

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Before ECC 6.0, cfolders(i.e. cProject suite) were installed in separate server and then these systems were connected through RFC. But now, we can install cfolders as an addon in ECC 6.0.

Once you install this component(CPRXRPM), by default the contents of cFolders are stored in the SAP database. If you want to change the contents storage to content server from SAP database, then you can follow the below document link.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-49266

Note: Content/Cache servers are normally installed on separate server and later connected to ECC systems through RFC.

Hope this is clarifying your query.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Many Thanks for the information..

In SMP, we could find CPRXRPM 600_740 and CPRXRPM 500_702 . Could you please advice which version should be used for ECC6.0 EHP6 (SAP BASIS 731) ? and do we need to carryout any other steps apart from this add-on installation for Cfolders?

Also can we go for Content server 6.40 for ECC6.0 EHP6 ? Is it compatible ?

From the Installation guide for 6.40 could see something like Cache server, could you please suggest if we have to install Cache server as well ?

Many Thanks !!!

Regards,

Srikanth G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

1. Yes, you can go for CS6.4, i never found an issue in installing cs6.4 on ECC6.0 withEHP6.

2. Content Server Installation includes SDB(Content) and CDB(Cache) installation. the installation depends on client's requirements.
normally we uncheck the Cache server filed while installing the CS.

Please be careful in installing content server, take screen shots of every steps if you are new to this.
since, i think, its little risky if your 1st attempt is failed during CS server installation.
i.e. even if we uninstall the CS(incase first attempt is not successful), some registires and files will never be deleted from the system and they might make conflicts on reinstallation and only option(probably) is formatting the system.

but please dont bother about the installatiuon process, since its almost like a straight foreward method.

cheers!

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

You can go with CPRXRPM 600 since this is the latest version of PPM(Project & Portfolio Management) and if you are going to use only cFolders, then CPRXRPM 450 is also ok. But it always recommended to go with latest component since it contains lot of patches. In comparison, CPRXRPM 450 with 600, there are no functional features added.

Kindly refer the installation guides in the SMP for details of component pre-requisites.

Apart from these installations, you need to configure cFolders(quite easy). You may refer the below guide for details of configuration.

http://help.sap.com/SCENARIOS_BUS2007/helpdata/EN/eb/95403d9e321d72e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/bp_imc603/BBLibrary/Documentation/662_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_CN.doc

Regards,

Ravi

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

• In service marketplace we could find guides for Content Server 6.40 on NW 2004S and C-folder 4.5 on NW 7.0, but finding difficulty to figure out the latest versions which would run on ECC6 EHP6. Is that like newer versions are included in any other package ?

Content server version is 640 only. For C-folders it is inbuilt in ECC 6.0 . Look for SAP help on C-folders on basic cFolder Settings for SAP SRM (SAP Library - Basic Settings for Strategic Sourcing)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori