cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in displaying second page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my smartform the second page is being displayed in the output but nothing is being displayed on it. Can any body please suggest what the problem might be.

Regards,

Abdullah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

ccan you please littlebit clear.. wht exactly u r printing in second page.. r u give this as NEXT page for PAGE1 or u r triggering this explicitioly?... wht data u r pringing>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I am triggering it explicitly using a command. Currently i am printing only static data on the second page. I have put a break point on the second page which is also not being detected.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

u ahve main window in seconde page but nothing u want to print form main window.. is it correct? if u r using the STANDARD TEXT then make sure those are avialble in the client. and

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if the COMMAND Node itself has some conditions. If not, check if it is inside a loop element which doesn't have any lines to be printed.

Just create a program lines element at the same level as the command node and keep a hard-break point and trigger the form to see if the control is reaching the node or not.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

the break-point on the first page after the comman node is detected. But a similar break-point on the second page is not detected.

The control doesn't go to the nodes in the second page despite there being no condition given.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ismail,

as ravi told in the first post... r u using anuy conditon for the text it is going to be printed in the second page..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

There are no conditions for the text.

Regards

Abdullah

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

as u r posts the second Page is not getting triggered.. because when you put abreak point in the PAGE2 it shoud stop there.

Now i have created 2 PAGEs for the PAGE1 next page is PAGE1 only , and iam printing some data in PAGE1, in the PAGE2 i have created a window to print some static text.

now i have created a COMMAND node in PAGE1 to call the PAGE2 explicitily(by chcking the GOTo NEW PAGE option -->PAGE2.

it is working fine.

u r also doing in this same way or someother?...

where exactly u r using the COMMAND NODE... i thiknk it is not triggering.

wht is next page for u r PAGE1,

in ur command node have u given goto newpage-->PAGE2 ..

chck onca again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

I too have created two pages again.

Page1 has Page1 as the next page. and one main window.

Page2 has page2 as the next page. and one main window.

Page1 has a command node to call page2.

In Page2 I have a program line with break-point hardcoded. This is not being triggerd. Nor are any of the nodes in page2. There are no conditions on page1 or page2. It is just supposed to print 2 pages of static text as of now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

something is going wrong..

in <b>COMMAND node >general Attributes tab>"tck" Go To New Page PAG</b>E2.

after which node u have created teh COMMAND node?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for a timebeing forget about the second page.--> wht u do is <b>create 2 texts</b> in PAGE1 without any conitions in the mainwindow, 1 is <b>before the commnd node</b> (with text "before") and another one is (with text "after")<b>after command node</b> chech whether they are prining in page1 or not.

it should print the 1st one in PAGE1 and the second one in PAGE2.

now i ahve did it... i hope i will get some an idea about the behaviiour of u r form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

command node is the second node on Page1. It is having go to new page Page2. The first node is a text node.

The page 2 is being displayed. If i give a value in the shading of the window in the seconnd page, the difference is visible, but the text node and break-point on that page are not being invoked. No other conditions are there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, one is being printed on the first page and the other on the second page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it means the command node triggering fine... there is no problem with the command node u r using

only the problem is with the text you r printing... now where are the texts u r printing in PAGE2 is...

<b>u have to create two command NODEs in one command node goto >PAGE2 and condition tab>only on PAGE1.

</b>

every thing is fine in my form..

Former Member
0 Kudos

where should the second command node come? You mean to say that I have a dummy page and window and the whole thing that I want to print on the second page should be on the first page itself after the command node?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot... for spending your time.. the logic works just fine..

Thank you once again

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any data that you are expecting to be printed?

Checl if there are any conditions for the elements that are under that page.

Probably there is not enough data to be printed.

Regards,

Ravi