cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Share option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to use the Team -> Share Project option in Agentry Editor.

I see only two options here-- Agentry Share and CVS.

Can we use a code repository like GIT, ClearCase as the share location and merge our code by using commit button, as described with the Agentry Share function?

Thanks and Regards,

Prateek

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the current time no other code repositories can be used.  You can put in a FR to be able to use them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve.

Can you please tell what FR is and how can it be used?

Also, according to you what would be a good way for setting up the environment if we have multiple developers, working from different locations. Should we go with Individual merge from each developer or is there a way we can use a code repository as share location and use the Team share option?

Thanks and Regards,

Prateek

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Prateek,

If all the developers have access to a common server you can setup the Team Share location on the shared server that all developers will access. The Team Share location just has to be on a mapped windows drive location.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

We were using agentry share in our team, but we had observed that while taking a update there are some loss of metadata, like some screensets/rules etc. Although we are seeing to the fact that we go deep in each node and verify that only correct and needed files are imported, others are deleted from the editor during compare.

What are the recommend ways for version handling in agentry development? Are there any steps for the same?

Regards,

vivek

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

First question is what version of the Agentry Editor are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

We are using a bit older version(6.0.14.0).

In version 6.0.14.0 we are able to resize, position or rearrange the feilds in the screen by opening the screen in edit mode.

We had given a try with latest version of agentry that comes with the SMP 2.3 SP03 patch 001.Although in newer version we are able to see an option which says edit screen, we were successful only to rearrange the fileds, but not resize or anything.

Since we were not able to edit/arrange the fields on the screen in edit mode as it was possible in 6.0.14.0 we are continuing the development with the older version of plugin, hence the corresponding version of agentry also.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend upgrading to Agentry 6.0.30  the latest 6.0 version is 6.0.38 with 6.0.40 due out at the end of the month.

Because in this version there was a lot of team share changes.  You will need to build a new team share for all the changes.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thank you Steve. We will give that a try.

We were continuing with the older version as we found the edit screen feature available only with older pulgin very useful in our project.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

I am facing an issue with disappeared update/commit options under "team" context menu in the Agentry Properties perspective. I am using Agentry Editor 6.0.22.0 with latest build of Eclipse indigo.

I have created the Agentry Share on one of our shared drive and we do have read/write access to the shared folder. I have created 5/6 revisions till now. Suddenly, the options to commit the code have disappeared. same thing happened with one of my team-mate.

Have posted a thread at 

Appreciate your input on the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arihant,

As I suggested on your other thread, please look at upgrading do to a lot of bug fixes in 6.0.30.

Stephenb

Answers (0)