cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable quantity field while creating a PO wrt PR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a normal PO, when we want to hide the quantity field , we can do at "Define Screen Layout at Document Level" but when I create a Purchase Order with respect to a PR, Quantity field should be disabled. Please help me with the configuration settings.

Thanks in advance.

Saad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use different document type for this purpose...

Suppose for normal PO, you can use document type NB and field selection NBF (Here quantity field is open)

And for this PO which will create reference from PR, you can use document type ZNB (copy from NB) and field selection ZNBF (Copy from NBF), here you quantity will be suppressed... (Define field selection for ZNBF)

Rest of all configuration for ZNB document type will be same as per NB document type..

Else you can go for a development to achieve this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dev,

But how to link my document type (ZNB) to My field selection(ZNBF).

Please elaborate the process in steps.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to OLME-Purchase Order-Define Document Types

Rest of all will be same as NB document type...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dev,

Thanks. But in my Standard PO if PR number is entered in a line item, then the quantity field should be hidden. What should I do for this?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean by Standard NB document type..

As you know, field selection is depend on document type level....

When you choose NB document type, then field selection will be appeared.. Now if you create PO manually or reference to PR, you field selection will be same...

So that I have suggested you to create a new document type.. So that you can choose another field selection for this document type..

If you want to do this in one document type (NB), then you have to go for a development...

Use a BADI or user exit..

Logic will be, If PR reference will founded in PO line item then it will hide the quantity field.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone.

Regards

Saad.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Purchase order considered as committed document by any business. Why you want hide “Quantity” field in Purchase order?

If it is a real requirement, you can use t.code:ME21N, at "Item Overview" level find button "Configuration" (at the right end of the table- the button is mix of Yellow+Blue+White colours). Click on this button and save the variant for as ZME21N and activate indicator "use as standard settings" and then select Administrator – next screen select check box of  "invisible" of PO quantity (MEPO1211-MENGE) and save.

You can also think of having authorisation concept where no one can view PO quantity only PO quantity allowed to viewed by for buyers and releasers.

Regards,

Biju K

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to control even if the PO quantity is less than PR quantity? I hope this wont be logical, since the same PR can be ordered from multiple vendors or in multiple PO's.

Normally, the requirement will be to control higher quantity in PO than PR quantity. This can be achieved through message control. Use the message 06076 as error (in the path: OLME - Environment data - Define Attributes of System Messages - system messages. Here, maintain the message 00 06 076 as error (E) ), which will control high PO quantity.

As of my knowledge, there is no standard message to control lower PO quantity. If you still want to control it, you may go for development using BADI: ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST or use a separate document type for this type of PO's.

Regards,

AKPT