Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding SE38 & SE80.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to extract detailed report of the use of SE38 and SE80 in both ECC and GDW.  The report should include all execution of SE38 and SE80 over the prior 90 days.

6 REPLIES 6

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not know what GDW could be but for tracing prog launched in an ECC system you can use the security audit log (SM19 / SM20).

I do not think there are a standard mechanism to trace access to SE80.

Why do you have such requirements ?

Regards

539404 - FAQ: Answers to questions about the Security Audit Log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

Thanks for the reply . Even i have no idea why my IT risk manager asked this . He simple created a ticket and requested this .

Thanks once again.....

Regards,

Raghuram.

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are just willing to track who has launched SE80 then audit log can make it...

dvaillant
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram,

It would require that SM19 is setup to log the event for all users in the audit log. This could be the case, but could also not be the case. You can also look at transaction ST03 or ST03N. This is the workload monitor and with some searching you should be able to find back who started SE38 and / or SE80.  below the link to some documentation that could help find what you need in ST03. You can also ask a basis person to help out as they are probably more familiar with the transasction.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/2d/b8be3befaefc75e10000000a114084/content.htm?frame...

Regards

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghuram,

As Yves and D. Valliant have mentioned you have option of SM19/SM20 Audit log, ST03 or ST03N. I think your requirement is pretty simple and you should go ahead with ST03N.

ST03N>WorkLoad>Total : Data is stored as Day/Week/Month. Once you select the month: Then under Analysis Views>Transaction Profile>Standard. Here you can sort the Data for only SE38 & SE80. You can enhance your analysis here by double clicking the tcodes which will give you the list of users who have executed that transaction. Please be aware that the data is stored by Day then by Week & then by Month (I know it is little confusing but Basis person can show you what it means) so Month data may not include the current Day Data so you will have to collect all the data and tally it separately.

Audit Log is a nice set up but it still config change which may need additional development, testing of filters and transports where as ST03N will give you all you are looking for in a very short time and concise manner.

Regards,

Shivraj Singh

0 Kudos

Thank you Shivraj