Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue when hiding tabs

petergeukens
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to simplify some screens in VA02 (sales document).

When we open the header data, we can see different tabs containing all kind of data.

We noticed that depending on the type of  sales document, the number af tabs shown by default differ.

The result is that when we hide some tabs, the behaviour is different depending on which sales document type we select

Example:

standard tabs for type 'service sale'

standard tabs for 'advance sale'

We want to keep tabs:  shipping, partners, orderdata & additional data A. We edit the flavor accordingly & hide all other tabs.

This looks good, but when opening another type, the wrong tabs are shown.

When we check the ID's of the tabs, it seems that the ID is representation of the order they are shown in by default.

Because for the other type an extra tab is shown, our customizing is going wrong.

Did anyone else came across this problem? is it solvable?

Kind regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

petergeukens
Explorer
0 Kudos

Doesn't anyone have an idea? This seems a quite big restriction of the tool's capabilities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look at the Dynpro transaction IDs after opening both types of documents. It is possible that VA02 is calling two different templates to handle the document types, but using the same tab structure to display.

I had a similar incident happen recently. In my case, one screen was showing /8002 and another was showing /8000, meaning that different templates were being applied, even though the screens were otherwise identical.

I would suggest you open a ticket with SAP and have them investigate your issue.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

~ Cheryl

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For such a scenario, it seems like using proper Screen ID Overwrite entries should be the way to go.