Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Filter rsau/enable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning,

I need to set a user filter for audiot log (rsau/enable) just for IT users, in the transaction SM19 i can see how to configurate the security but I am able to filter by one user no for a selection.

¿Could you please help me?

Many thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

I'm not sure for how many users (why not all?) you need to set this up, but you can use wildcards (*) in the user name fields (see below).

Also, by default I think there are just 2 slots available for creating filters. You can use more if you adjust the rsau/selection_slots parameter.

Also, the rsau/user_selection parameter seems to be of advantage for you:

Defines the user selection method used inside kernel functions. Set this parameter to enable the use of ABAP patterns asterisk (*) for any character string, plus sign for any single character, and number sign (#) to escape wildcards, spaces at the ends of strings, and such. Otherwise only asterisk (*) is a wildcard.

Note

To create an audit log for the user SAP*, you must enable generic user selection and escape the asterisk. Enter SAP#*.

see here for more info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier

How many IT users are there.

In general you can use wildcards * value in users for all users.

Set parameter rsau/selection_slots value to 10 ..

10 is maximum filters you can set

if you have IT guys less than 9  or 9, you can meet the requirement by selecting 10 filters. and you can use 1 slot for all the users (*)

Cheers