cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SWIFTNet integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

1. We have a requirement of integrating SAP Bank Communication module with SWIFTNet - I am trying to prepare a solution pertaining to same

3. I searched this forum and elsewhere on SCN and realized that we need to install and configure the "SAP Integration Package for SWIFT" which is detailed in the SAP Note-0001064419:

a. As per this and related notes, it seems SAP PI will communicate with SWIFTNet using FTP adapter

4. I have a few questions pertaining to same, request you to have a look and help:

a. Is SWIFTNet a third-party system present in the SWIFT landscape to which we need to connect to? If so, then what adapters do we generally use for same to connect from SAP PI?

b. Or, do we need to install another agent for SWIFT in our landscape which will do the job of connecting to SWIFTNet? If so, then what adapters in SAP PI we use to connect to this agent? Also, what is name of the agent and how do we obtain it?

c. What is the data format for SWIFT? Are the two adapter modules - FINConversionToSWIFTModule and FINConversionFromSWIFTModule - provided by above note sufficient to convert the XML message to SWIFT data format or we need to do something additional for same?

d. Does using the "SAP Integration Package for SWIFT" call for simply placing/picking the files between SAP PI and a shared FTP folder or are any additional adapters to be purchased from third-party? Means, how does real communication happen?

5. Any guidance on these questions would be helpful

rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for information, Christoph!

Will discuss internally if collaboration with your company is feasible with our end-customer and let you know accordingly.

Importantly, the information provided by you above is really helpful and precise - thanks again 🙂

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

The below document will give you an idea on SWIFTNet integration.

http://www.erpdex.com/Portals/0/PDF/SAP_Integration_Package_for_SWIFT.pdf

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja

I had referred the above document earlier and it talks of integration using FTP.

Thanks